Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 06:49 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP79 View Post
Greenways are not meant for serious cycling, and they are habitually hogged by rude pedestrians and dog walkers
You want drivers to deal with cyclists. Why don't you deal with pedestrians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 07:29 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
And boom goes the dynamite.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:21 PM

442 posts, read 647,416 times
Quote:
I honestly agree.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:01 PM

224 posts, read 345,825 times
I wish Huntsville and Madison would do a Greenway devoted to cyclists. I have a bike and enjoy riding but I am not an avid bicyclist.

I live near the Indian Creek Greenway and I bike as well as walk it. When I ride it I have to hit my bell to let people know I am coming up on them, they are in the bike path but just turn and look at me and stay right where they are at. I do the bell to warn them I am coming because the walkers often move and you have a near miss.

When I walk I take my dogs with me and I am constantly looking behind me for bikes because sometimes they will go out of the walking path into the bike path.

I would love it if I could bike with just bikers and walk with just walkers.

Lets face it, we should support each sport and be respectful of one another. Bikers, drivers and walkers should unite. : )

Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 PM

442 posts, read 647,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizinva View Post
I wish Huntsville and Madison would do a Greenway devoted to cyclists.
That sounds like a good idea to me.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:24 AM

445 posts, read 771,003 times
Quote:

Because there is a law stating that bikes may use the road. Deal with it.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:54 AM

339 posts, read 628,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP79 View Post
Because there is a law stating that bikes may use the road. Deal with it.
There is a law stating that pedestrians can use the greenway. Deal with it.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:56 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Am I seeing things or does Stoneridge have some lots available in Burgreen Farms now? I thought that was supposed to be a Breland/DRH neighborhood.

I can't keep with all the red clay wastelands that have been recently created off Burgreen. Once (and if) those neighborhoods all get built out, I do know that Burgreen can't handle the increased traffic...it is already crumbling away right now.

EDIT: I meant to say Baker's Farm, not Burgreen Farms.

Last edited by bmrisko; 02-22-2015 at 04:55 PM..

Old 02-22-2015, 04:15 PM

375 posts, read 513,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Am I seeing things or does Stoneridge have some lots available in Burgreen Farms now? I thought that was supposed to be a Breland/DRH neighborhood.
Burgreen Place is the StoneRidge subdivision and Baker's Farm (edited - I was referring to this neighborhood but inadvertently referred to it as Bishop Farms) is the Breland/DR Horton subdivision on the northern end of Burgreen Road. Hard to tell from your post if you just mixed up the names or if you were questioning whether StoneRidge had lots available in Baker's Farm. To my knowledge StoneRidge isn't building any homes or selling lots in Baker's Farm.

Last edited by Big Grumpy; 02-22-2015 at 04:49 PM..

Old 02-22-2015, 04:27 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Burgreen FARMS is at Burgreen Rd and Powell Rd. Burgreen PLACE is on up Burgreen north of Brown's Ferry. Baker's Farm is the Breland neighborhood off Burgreen just south of Brown's Ferry....Bishop Farms is in Monrovia.

There are too many "Burgreens" and "Farms". I wish these developers would get a bit more creative naming these subdivisions.

Stoneridge has another new neighborhood they are developing on Hardiman, Stone Brook....is that what you were talking about?

Burgreen Farms is Mungo Homes and with the past relationship between Colin Pearson and Jim Wright I wouldn't be surprised if Jim picked up some lots in there but I would wonder with three new neighborhoods coming in that area why he would.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 02-22-2015 at 04:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area