Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2014, 04:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,196 times

Advertisements

Why, with-in the city have a club that backs up to residential area, and let them blast the people who live in the area with that much noise? I' called the 256-772-7100 number only to argue with the Huntsville Police, the last time was tonight at 2:35 to complain about the noise. My yard back up to the area of the music, there's a dinky club there that plays music so loud till 3:05 so loud you cant sleep. This last time I called the woman (at the 256-772-7100 non- emergency) told me they have an off duty police officer there, and everything was ok? The only thing I can say is he's deaf, it rattled my windows, and buzzed the house. The woman also told me they have a permit to play the music, ok so normal clubs close at 2am why are they allowed to play till 3am?
This is not the first time I've call about the noise, and most of the time its turned down to a level it wont bother the housing behind it's building. If this is a permit based activity, they still need to be policed. I'm all for the activities that keep kids from doing things there not suppose to do, but blasting the neighborhood is not a good idea. I wonder who could check the db levels and show them they are output is way above what is allowed. Maybe a news station? I will be checking into this matter before the next weekend you can bet on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 09:20 AM

446 posts, read 678,278 times
plenty of cities have clubs that backs up to residential areas. the best action I have seen too stop the noise is to actually go too city hall or whomever is in charge of it and file complaints. usually with a group of residents they will take it serious and find ways to take licenses away from the club owner on top of the noise complaints. I have seen too many clubs close that way in my 29 yrs on this earth. Calling in a noise complaint to the police is an outdated method and using the news station for noise complaints without the back up of police wouldn't necessarily be ideal especially since you are trying to stop the flow of money to the club owner

Old 10-05-2014, 09:57 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
I would figure that going to the news channels would be counter productive......any publicity is good publicity. If the news does run stories on it, it is just free commercials for the club.

The question is, what neighborhood and business are we talking about? We don't have enough information to be subjective and therefore have to make assumptions. Were businesses already there and then houses were built close? Is it one of those deals sort of like the a-holes that bought condos downtown to be close to dining and entertainment but then complain about noise from said entertainment? If it is an area that is zoned for that type of business, as long as they are following the law and especially if they have law enforcement on site for security, well it comes with the territory.

This is a common issue with people wanting to live close to amenities but then want to pick and choose which types once they start living there and discover the inconveniences of noise and traffic that comes along with them.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:21 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Or moving out next to the drag strip and then complaining about racing.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:20 PM

57 posts, read 65,522 times
You live on Clubview Drive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: