Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 05:37 PM

59 posts, read 92,938 times

Advertisements

What are some family friendly areas to live in SE Huntsville. We have a highschooler, and two smaller children that won't start school until next year.

I'm looking for nice houses, clean nice neighborhoods close to parks and family friendly activities. 35803 and 35802 keep coming up in my searches, but I'm worried it's a little too established and we will outnumbered by households without children. We would want our children to have friends they could grow up with and live close by.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 07:30 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,229,582 times
SE HSV is pretty much going to be heavily established neighborhoods with older homes, but I think you will find a good mix of those who have been there since the homes were built and new families that have moved in. I've sold lots of homes there to younger families...its a very popular area.

Neighborhood is just going to depend on your price range. Jones Valley and Blossomwood will command a higher amount and as you move south, prices tend to drop. If you go south of Hobbs there are some new neighborhoods that are being built.

Huntsville Hills is one of my favorite neighborhoods over there. I love the location and there is just something about it that I have always been drawn to.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:08 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,085,284 times
I'd say anywhere in SE Hsv is good.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:09 PM

493 posts, read 705,930 times
Default Inspiration on Green Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by averymaie View Post
What are some family friendly areas to live in SE Huntsville. We have a highschooler, and two smaller children that won't start school until next year.

I'm looking for nice houses, clean nice neighborhoods close to parks and family friendly activities. 35803 and 35802 keep coming up in my searches, but I'm worried it's a little too established and we will outnumbered by households without children. We would want our children to have friends they could grow up with and live close by.

Thanks in advance!
There is "Inspiration on Green Mountain" which is a new Woodland Homes neighborhood in the 35803 zip code with home prices starting in the $370,000 range.

I think it's absolutely gorgeous up there and that neighborhood has grown a lot in the last year.

Inspiration - Woodland Homes of Huntsville Inc.

Inspiration on Green Mountain was one of the "Parade Villages" on the Parade of Homes a few weeks ago:

Parade Villages - Huntsville/Madison County Builders Association's Parade of Homes Website!

Inspiration on Green Mountain is a nature lover’s paradise

With homes starting at $370,000, the neighborhood features bluff view home sites, wooded and private home sites, and a convenient location in Southeast Huntsville.

Inspiration on Green Mountain features functional floor plans, gourmet kitchens with islands and/or breakfast bar, large private second and/or three bedrooms with full-sized closets, spacious master bedroom suites, and secluded master bedroom suites.

Woodland Homes offers its own in-house dream design center and plan department. The team has a reputation for building homes with superior structural integrity and quality craftsmanship. “We want your home buying experience to be ‘simple and easy,’” according to Woodland Homes.

Homebuyers can personalize their new home with the Dream Home Design Studio.
All the latest selections of brick, paint, roofing, flooring, cabinetry, lighting, fixtures, and custom options are just a few of the choices homeowners will have to make. “Each customer will have thousands of choices to customize their new home at the Dream Design Studio,” according to Woodland Homes.

SCHOOLS
• Mountain Gap Elementary School
• Mountain Gap Middle School
• Grissom High School

DIRECTIONS
From South Parkway turn east onto Weatherly Road, right/south on Bailey Cove, left/east on Green Mountain Road, right on South Shawdee Road, then left onto Emerald Point into Inspiration on Green Mountain subdivision. The community is located just before the Madison County Nature Trail/Park.

WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Contact John Steger at 256-457-0556.
www.woodlandhomes.com

Old 11-04-2014, 09:21 PM

493 posts, read 705,930 times
Default Huntsville Planning Commission discusses Inspiration on Green Mountain August 2014

If you consider Inspiration on Green Mountain the August 2014 Huntsville Planning Commission meeting is definitely something to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkUd6cBVZRw

It will take a couple hours of your time to watch though. I watched it twice.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:15 AM

82 posts, read 139,764 times
This is a very nice area to live in. The further south you go, houses (generally) become newer and less expensive.

You mentioned being close to parks. Check out the area around McGucken Park. This is on Bailey Cove, just south of Hobbs Rd (35803 zip code).

Old 11-05-2014, 09:34 AM

68 posts, read 115,278 times
The Box Canyon area is nice. East of Bailey Cove road, south of Weatherly Road. Some older houses, some newer. There seem to be a fair amount of children in the area. Schools are Weatherly, Mountain Gap and Grissom.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel_in_PA View Post
The Box Canyon area is nice. East of Bailey Cove road, south of Weatherly Road. Some older houses, some newer. There seem to be a fair amount of children in the area. Schools are Weatherly, Mountain Gap and Grissom.
The Bucks Canyon neighborhood is awesome! OP, I think you will find that if you just get out and look at the properties, you will see that they are extremely family friendly. I have never had anyone have that concern, and all my clients that live in SHSV love it there. The schools are excellent as well, that is a big draw to the area.....the new Grissom is going to be NICE.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:05 PM

59 posts, read 92,938 times
Ok, so from what I'm seeing East of Bailey Cove is more of what I would be looking for. Is West a little more run down? The houses seem to be a lot cheaper closer to Memorial Parkway. Is that a bad thing?

Old 11-05-2014, 04:11 PM

East of Bailey Cove for the most part is going to be a bit nicer IMO, but there are still some pretty nice neighborhoods on the west side so I would not rule it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area