Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you vote
Democrat 6 25.00%
Republican 9 37.50%
Mostly Republican 7 29.17%
Mostly Democrat 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:28 AM

13 posts, read 11,092 times

Advertisements

How close will this poll be to actual results in Huntsville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 05:27 PM

626 posts, read 755,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FayettevilletoHuntsville View Post
Hey Lamar, I was referring to the creator of the poll, not you.

And I do not recall any other times I have confused you with Huff.
Then do not quote me and say such things. Please delete or edit your post. Thanks

Old 11-04-2014, 05:29 PM

442 posts, read 648,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Bowman View Post
Then do not quote me and say such things. Please delete or edit your post. Thanks
I deleted it. Sorry Lamar!

Old 11-04-2014, 08:09 PM

626 posts, read 755,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FayettevilletoHuntsville View Post
I deleted it. Sorry Lamar!
No worries. I have just had enough with the assumptions lately against me.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:14 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,793,541 times
I'd find it pretty unlikely that anyone who researched the candidates could intelligently vote "All Republican" or "All Democrat" in this election - our ballot this election had several completely unqualified candidates that were only on the ballot due to not facing any opposition in the primary. Anything else is going to land "Mostly Republican" just because of the lineup of unopposed candidates.

Not counting unopposed candidates, I was pretty close to straight down the middle Republican/Democrat. You don't have an option for that.

Gosh they should remove those straight ticket voting boxes from the ballot. They really should. If a voter truly wants to vote straight party ticket they should at least be forced to read each name head-on and admit to themselves they know next to nothing about some of those candidates they are "voting for".

Old 11-04-2014, 09:31 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,794,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjenn View Post
I'd find it pretty unlikely that anyone who researched the candidates could intelligently vote "All Republican" or "All Democrat" in this election - our ballot this election had several completely unqualified candidates that were only on the ballot due to not facing any opposition in the primary. Anything else is going to land "Mostly Republican" just because of the lineup of unopposed candidates.

Not counting unopposed candidates, I was pretty close to straight down the middle Republican/Democrat. You don't have an option for that.

Gosh they should remove those straight ticket voting boxes from the ballot. They really should. If a voter truly wants to vote straight party ticket they should at least be forced to read each name head-on and admit to themselves they know next to nothing about some of those candidates they are "voting for".
Problem is, there ain't much out there or really known about some of the candidates.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:38 PM

482 posts, read 991,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Problem is, there ain't much out there or really known about some of the candidates.
Even if there were, 70% of of the people don't care to find out.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:59 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,451,290 times
zenjenn - of course I researched (and met or know most of both parties) the candidates for whom I could vote, and I voted straight Republican. There were a couple of local races where I was tempted to vote for the Dem (i.e., incumbent Mark Craig), but I thought that the GOP opposition was credible enough to overcome the inexperience. At the State level, it was no contest - there were no Dem candidates for whom I would consider voting.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:19 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,272,673 times
I never tend to vote straight party, because I don't really feel I align with one party fully. But, you are right....many people this election probably did just pick the straight party voting due to the climate of politics at the national level, and that could have hurt some on the other party ticket who was as qualified or maybe even a better candidate.

I think at the local level, "party" really becomes obsolete.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:31 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,133,954 times
I used to split my ticket until I realized that every one that I choose that wasn't from my preferred party that I lean toward, voted with the rest of their party on any and all issues and refused to ever cross the aisle and split their vote. I no longer give them that opportunity.
And I do my due diligence in research (although I happen to live in a house/family where politics is discussed daily). I don't think it fair to assume that anyone that researched candidates could not be intelligent and also vote a straight ticket. I only wish I could say the same for our gov't that passes bills that it hasn't read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area