Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 02:08 PM

32 posts, read 37,145 times

Advertisements

Don't get me wrong...I'd much prefer a new stadium. But Huntsville attendance figures are so bad over last tens years people may be leery. Yes - some may be the old stadium and obviously the bad location of it. But some may be this is not a baseball town...

BUT

With the Army opening up the land and moving gate 9 back...and plans being made for using that land for 'public use'. if I would look to get a large parcel, off 565, by the gate 9 exit and entrance...and Boeing park and new food places there.. And have city offer it that for free to team, along with an incentive package to bring a team and build a new stadium.

Much better spot to draw people who are leaving redstone and where growth of population is taking place west....than the old area it is in or even downtown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 03:11 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times
Great idea! I'd much rather not go to SE Huntsville from East Limestone. I go for snoballs, which are important

Old 09-06-2016, 10:02 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,591,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAfamilymoving View Post
Don't get me wrong...I'd much prefer a new stadium. But Huntsville attendance figures are so bad over last tens years people may be leery. Yes - some may be the old stadium and obviously the bad location of it. But some may be this is not a baseball town...

BUT

With the Army opening up the land and moving gate 9 back...and plans being made for using that land for 'public use'. if I would look to get a large parcel, off 565, by the gate 9 exit and entrance...and Boeing park and new food places there.. And have city offer it that for free to team, along with an incentive package to bring a team and build a new stadium.

Much better spot to draw people who are leaving redstone and where growth of population is taking place west....than the old area it is in or even downtown
The land for Redstone Gateway was not annexed into Huntsville the usual way. The agreement mainly gives Huntsville the right to collect property taxes but Redstone Arsenal still maintains control and final say what development goes on there. In actuality Redstone Arsenal did not give up that land permanently. At some point in the future Redstone Arsenal could terminate the agreement with Huntsville and bring back the land fully back within their boundaries. That will not happen any time soon because both sides have everything to gain from the agreement at least for now.

That said there is no way Huntsville could offer that land to a team to build a sporting complex. For one the Army still owns the land not Huntsville. Also since Redstone Arsenal has to approve any development that goes on there I doubt they would agree to something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area