Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 05:03 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times

Advertisements

Tom Tally for blinds, he does them for Haleys. He's awesome! 256-759-6040.

Sharon Andrews with Progress Bank. 256-319-4915. She's the best lender I have ever worked with. You do not have to worry about appraisers, the lender will hire them. They don't allow the borrower to do that. For purchasing new, you need to make sure they are a preferred lender because the builder will not pay the closing costs unless you can negotiate into the contract they will pay the closing costs regardless of lender used. Builders will typically concede this on spec homes but are much more stringent on a preconstruction build.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 02-18-2015 at 05:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 06:21 AM

414 posts, read 400,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Tom Tally for blinds, he does them for Haleys. He's awesome! 256-759-6040.

Sharon Andrews with Progress Bank. 256-319-4915. She's the best lender I have ever worked with. You do not have to worry about appraisers, the lender will hire them. They don't allow the borrower to do that. For purchasing new, you need to make sure they are a preferred lender because the builder will not pay the closing costs unless you can negotiate into the contract they will pay the closing costs regardless of lender used. Builders will typically concede this on spec homes but are much more stringent on a preconstruction build.
I will contact them. Thank you. I felt that it would be less costly to have blinds installed myself. On another note, really dismayed that the interest rate has really crept up since I started my search. So I need to land this thing and be done. Had financing in place before the search but every builder for their good reasons has preferred lenders ( which don't have to be used I know) which if you use them just unravels your planning a bit.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:52 AM

Progress is on just about every builder's preferred list....including JB. You don't have to use the specific name on the list, just the institution.

Tom charges about $65/single window installed and they are nice 2" blinds. I had him put them in my home years ago and they still are like new. They don't warp or bow like some of the cheapers ones you get at Lowes/Home Depot.

Conventional rates have really been creeping up. Yesterday they went nuts and changed multiple times...I literally had a lender trying to lock in a client and the rate was changing before she could get the lock completed.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 AM

458 posts, read 617,006 times
I used Haley's for my blinds. Wasn't much more than doing it myself. I've done it myself before and it took me half a day. Took Haley's about fifteen minutes.

For lenders... I shopped around several banks and just took the best deal. I did get better deals from the banks than from the brokers. Best deals came from the smaller banks. Got terrible quotes from the big guys.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:36 AM

Yes, with quality blinds, drapes become an option. In my last home I only used blinds. Opted for nice headers on them. Waiting for rates to be published. 9 EST?

Old 02-18-2015, 11:16 AM

468 posts, read 906,901 times
Sharon Andrews is the only person I work with ... I think she is with Progress Bank now.
I am not a realtor. I am not a mortgage broker.

Other than that ---- I would go out of state.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatSnake View Post
Sharon Andrews is the only person I work with ... I think she is with Progress Bank now.
I am not a realtor. I am not a mortgage broker.

Other than that ---- I would go out of state.
Thanks for the lead, and for your transparency! Checking them all out.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:15 AM

Default Home Inspector

I seem to remember you all recommending two home inspectors but scrolling the thread I see see Mike Dove, and will reach out to him. Wasn't there another names- maybe Pope? Thanks.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:41 AM

You aren't going to be able to get Mike Dove quickly. I just booked two inspections and both were 2 weeks out.

Steve Handbeck and Matt England are two others who are good if you cannot get Mike in the time you need him.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
You aren't going to be able to get Mike Dove quickly. I just booked two inspections and both were 2 weeks out.

Steve Handbeck and Matt England are two others who are good if you cannot get Mike in the time you need him.
Good to know, thank you again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area