Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 11:52 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,433,497 times

Advertisements

Juan Hunt = "Dale is a full-time GOP supporter, he is a strict advocate of the 'never criticize a fellow GOP'er' and the ALGOP mantra of 'ignore the negative, always be positive'...

My ethics and the ethics of those I support are impeccable."

Yes, Dale Jackson of WVNN (92.5 FM / 770 AM from 6AM to 9AM) and also WAPI (1070 AM from 10AM to 1PM), is a Republican. Maya Blue nailed it when she said "you apparently don't listen to him". Dale Jackson criticizes Republicans if he thinks that they are wrong (for example Dale Peterson).

Please give us an example of "those [you] support".

Justacoolguy = "Yep he has posted in this thread."

DaMadHatter = "If you listen to his show then it's pretty obvious which post was his."

Dale Jackson uses his own ("stage") name when he posts online; self-promotion is part of his job.

Tumf = "I'm surprised that Dale Jackson isn't found anywhere in CD..."

Dale Jackson (named by Talkers Magazine as one of the 'Top Talkers') has been mentioned in this forum a few times, here's one of my comments from a couple of years ago:

Quote:
Dale Jackson of WVNN did a walk vs bus stunt for his radio show. Dale and Jason picked a spot on the Oakwood Ave bus route with the goal of getting to the VBCC downtown: when Jason got on the bus, Dale (and I) started walking the ~3 miles. Walking won by about 10 minutes.
//www.city-data.com/forum/hunts...florida-5.html

Dale Jackson (who drives a Kia from University Kia) features interviews with (mostly local) politicians providing (IMO) a vital public service. Elected officials call in regularly and Dale Jackson encourages officials / candidates from any party to call in. For example, Dale Jackson of WVNN gave failed Democrat candidate for Attorney General Joe Hubbard plenty of air time.

If you want to hear directly from Mayor Battle or Superintendent Casey Wardynski or other elected officials, then listen to the Dale Jackson show. Callers to the Dale Jackson Show can question elected officials live on air. Dale Jackson (who arranged his mortgage with Conrad Thompson's First Family Mortgage woo!) is a respected nasal voice in area politics; from supporting candidates to State Constitutional Amendments, his opinion can influence the outcome of elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 12:53 PM

401 posts, read 287,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Parker View Post
This is so false that it's funny. I'm a member of ALGOP. State Executive committee member. We just had our winter dinner a couple of weeks ago in which Rand Paul was speaking. This and Governor Bentley's change on tax policy were two of the main points of discussion.
Most folks dont attend ALGOP functions, where would I find a ALGOP member criticizing Hubbard for his ethical lapses, other than the standard wait for the jury verdict nonsense?
We already know he violated the ethics law, now its just a matter of determining if it was criminal and whether he goes to prison.
$12gs a month from the SEAGD, $7.5g a month from the charter school proponents,$10gs a month from CVHoldings, $5gs a month from APCI....all for a guy that has no experience nor special skills other than being SOH. He might be the MOST CORRUPT politician the state has ever seen, and thats a special distinction in a state with a history of rampant cronyism.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:18 PM

301 posts, read 333,561 times
If talk radio were pro wrestling, Dale Jackson would be a member of Degeneration X.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:25 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,433,497 times
Suck it! Woo!

Old 03-12-2015, 02:00 PM

140 posts, read 295,093 times
I just started listening to his show about a two months ago and I find it very informative yet entertaining. I consider myself a conservative liberal but I have agreed with Dale Jackson's views 98.5% of the time. He doesn't have a blinded or one sided view of politics, etc. He has a view of common sense, in my opinion.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:02 PM

482 posts, read 990,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Most folks dont attend ALGOP functions, where would I find a ALGOP member criticizing Hubbard for his ethical lapses, other than the standard wait for the jury verdict nonsense?
We already know he violated the ethics law, now its just a matter of determining if it was criminal and whether he goes to prison.
$12gs a month from the SEAGD, $7.5g a month from the charter school proponents,$10gs a month from CVHoldings, $5gs a month from APCI....all for a guy that has no experience nor special skills other than being SOH. He might be the MOST CORRUPT politician the state has ever seen, and thats a special distinction in a state with a history of rampant cronyism.
You want public criticism of an elected official from members of the party? And then want to criticize them for wanting to wait on due process? Are you kidding? What good does it do anyone to publicly denounce what is going on before having 100% of the facts in hand?

Old 03-12-2015, 02:28 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs2487 View Post
.... I consider myself a conservative liberal but I have agreed with Dale Jackson's views 98.5% of the time.
I think that if you agree with Dale 98.5% of the time, you may want to rebrand yourself as an informed conservative...

Old 03-12-2015, 02:30 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,582 times
Ok, folks, Thanks for all the replies. I'm headed home.

I'm in need of some ammo... anybody know of a good gun shop I should visit?

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Old 03-12-2015, 02:58 PM

614 posts, read 765,958 times
Larry's Pistol and Pawn where Larry's Pistol and Pawn you Larry's Pistol and Pawn will Larry's Pistol and Pawn get Larry's Pistol and Pawn the Larry's Pistol and Pawn best Larry's Pistol and Pawn deal Larry's Pistol and Pawn on Larry's Pistol and Pawn Ammo.
Tell em Dale Jackson sentcha!

Old 03-12-2015, 03:01 PM

776 posts, read 745,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
Larry's Pistol and Pawn where Larry's Pistol and Pawn you Larry's Pistol and Pawn will Larry's Pistol and Pawn get Larry's Pistol and Pawn the Larry's Pistol and Pawn best Larry's Pistol and Pawn deal Larry's Pistol and Pawn on Larry's Pistol and Pawn Ammo.
Tell em Dale Jackson sentcha!
No Last Resort Guns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area