Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 03:02 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,839 times

Advertisements

CATFISHIN2000 - I've already given you rep points - so I can't do it again... but I Tried!

I think I heard about that place, but isn't there a place on County Line Road somewhere?
I swear I thought I've heard about it... maybe not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 03:45 PM

401 posts, read 287,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Parker View Post
You want public criticism of an elected official from members of the party? And then want to criticize them for wanting to wait on due process? Are you kidding? What good does it do anyone to publicly denounce what is going on before having 100% of the facts in hand?
Didnt Holtzclaw put up his billboard before he had any inkling of what Bentley would propose?

Did Hubbard violate his ethical mandate by accepting monthly checks from entities that had business affairs pending with the state?
Did Hubbard accept loans from principals of entities with business pending with the state?

Hubbard at the very least should have stepped down from the Speaker post until a verdict is rendered, but instead got unflinching support from the House GOP membership.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:56 PM

482 posts, read 990,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Didnt Holtzclaw put up his billboard before he had any inkling of what Bentley would propose?
First, that's totally different. It's a political game of chess. Holtzclaw was doing nothing illegal. Or unethical.

As for the Hubbard events, we have a thing called a justice system and due process that most GOP folks firmly believe in. Innocent until proven guilty (no matter how damning the evidence). If proven guilty, which given the evidence, I would rate at a really high probability, he will be dealt with accordingly. We're he to be proven innocent, he always had the support of his party that believed in him. I don't see the problem.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:26 PM

401 posts, read 287,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Parker View Post
First, that's totally different. It's a political game of chess. Holtzclaw was doing nothing illegal. Or unethical.

As for the Hubbard events, we have a thing called a justice system and due process that most GOP folks firmly believe in. Innocent until proven guilty (no matter how damning the evidence). If proven guilty, which given the evidence, I would rate at a really high probability, he will be dealt with accordingly. We're he to be proven innocent, he always had the support of his party that believed in him. I don't see the problem.
Your support for Hubbard, even though his likelihood of conviction is "really high", is based solely on his politics, you admit you're ignoring the facts in order to always be positive about the ALGOP. If you were a citizen with the best interests of the state at heart, you would act differently, not like a radio talk jockey. Holtzclaw attacked Bentley and the alienated the road commissioner over the very real need to find additional revenue to balance the budget, a need that has yet to even be mentioned by the third day of the session. They did pass a number of laws restricting the right of all people to get married, though, so Good Job!!!

If Hubbard cashed the checks from SEAGD, is he guilty of violating the strict ethics law he passed???

Old 03-12-2015, 08:05 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
Sometimes I read a reply and it makes me think it might be Dale here on the board running in deep cover. He has mentioned on his show things that are tossed around here on CD. I hope he says around and keeps presenting the other side of news issues. I would hate to see him move on to bigger things like Sean Hannity did when he left WVNN.
Love to have him in Austin, Texas. Pretty much everyone here sucks. The talk channel local hosts are all awful at radio. The morning guy on the country station has radio skills and could do a decent political talk show, but he chooses not to. Alex Jones is sometimes passable, but he isn't edited to be concise like on YouTube so he spends half his time selling snake oil. The other people on his channel are crazy.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:16 PM

482 posts, read 990,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Your support for Hubbard, even though his likelihood of conviction is "really high", is based solely on his politics, you admit you're ignoring the facts in order to always be positive about the ALGOP. If you were a citizen with the best interests of the state at heart, you would act differently, not like a radio talk jockey. Holtzclaw attacked Bentley and the alienated the road commissioner over the very real need to find additional revenue to balance the budget, a need that has yet to even be mentioned by the third day of the session. They did pass a number of laws restricting the right of all people to get married, though, so Good Job!!!

If Hubbard cashed the checks from SEAGD, is he guilty of violating the strict ethics law he passed???
Did I EVER say that I supported him? You asked why he was getting support within the party, so I gave you plausible reasons. I also explicitly contradicted your "fact" that no one at ALGOP cares, which is blatantly false.

It appears that you have more of an issue with our form of government than anything else. If you were a citizen with the best interests of the state at heart, you would first realize that you know nothing about me or my politics. Secondly, you would get off your ass and get involved in trying to change the system that you don't like instead of complaining about it from the sidelines. You know.....like some of us actually do.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:00 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
A difference between the Republicans and Democrats in Alabama is that if Hubbard is found guilty, his political career is over. The Democratic Party in Alabama is led by someone convicted of a misdemeanor ethics charge.

According to JuanHunt's law, the Democrats should have abandoned Nancy Worley when she was indicted on 5 felony and 5 misdemeanor charges, rather than wait for "the standard wait for the jury verdict nonsense". However, keep in mind that Worley was the #2 Democrat in the State when she was indicted. After pleading guilty Worley was promoted to #1.

Quote:
The five felonies accused her of violating state law by using her official position to influence the vote of another person. The five misdemeanors accused her of violating a state law against public officials seeking campaign contributions from their public employees.
No. 2 Alabama Democrat settles misdemeanor case for soliciting staff when she was Secretary of State | AL.com

JuanHunt doesn't have to tell us who is a "a vapid, partisan sycophant" - JuanHunt models it for us.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:36 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Hubbard was elected Speaker by a vote of 99-6. There are 72 Republicans and 33 Democrats in the house. That's hardly partisan.

Let's not get started on law breaking politicians. They do it daily and brazenly in Washington.

And let's get our facts straight. Holtzclaw did not "attack" Bentley. It was a response to Bentley announcing nearly $700 million dollars in tax increases which blindsided the people in this state. Holtzclaw is steadfastly standing by his campaign promise that he would not raise taxes and that he does not intend to support Bentley's proposals to raise them....let me remind you Bentley ran on the same "promises" and quickly reneged on that after he was elected and inaugurated again. In fact, you can still see those "promises" (more like lies) on his campaign page.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 03-13-2015 at 03:53 AM..

Old 03-13-2015, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 686 times
Quote:
"Dale is toxic, he's a vapid, partisan sycophant."

"And if that weren't enough, his VOICE...omg."

"find his voice to be a bit grating"

"Lived here for 15 years and no idea what he is"

"I just cant stomach the willful deceit and lack of productive discourse that people like Dale promote and encourage"

"He isn't nobody I would take seriously if I were still in Alabama..."
Has anyone else noticed that when does an ad, he says the place he's advertising an overly irritating number of times?

The ad he does for Last Resort Guns (on County Line Road in Madison) he says their name 10 times!

T-E-N times! That's outrageous!

Every ad he does he says the place of business an unusual number of times...

Anyone else find that to be odd and or annoying?"
Everything above is accurate and excellent. But to find an excellent rate on your next mortgage call my friends at 1st Family Mortgage. Call Conrad today at 425-0105, that's 425-0105!

Quote:
Has anyone else ever picked up on the fact that he stole that from Family Guy?
I have.

Quote:
Sometimes I read a reply and it makes me think it might be Dale here on the board running in deep cover.
I use my name if I post, 1st ever right here.

Quote:
Yep he has posted in this thread.
That's garbage.

Quote:
If talk radio were pro wrestling, Dale Jackson would be a member of Degeneration X.
I would like to think I am more of a Stone Cold or Evolution-era Randy Orton.

LASTLY, as for Hubbard... They have to prove quid-pro-quo, have they publicly? Maybe but the courtroom allows for evidence and cross-examinations. Doesn't look good.

Last edited by thedalejackson; 03-13-2015 at 06:29 AM..

Old 03-13-2015, 06:52 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacoolguy View Post
Liar
OK. You say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area