Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:29 PM

934 posts, read 1,930,038 times

Advertisements

Well, you'll get many opinions but I just left SE Huntsville (Jones Valley) after 12 great years there, and it has a lot to offer. Good schools, good neighborhoods (I was in Willowbrook), plenty of shopping nearby. I don't know exactly what you mean by 'good dining' but it was OK by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 AM

30 posts, read 91,920 times
Default Huntsville

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadkins View Post
I am looking to relocate to Huntsville, AL. I have four small children and am married. I also want good schools and dining. Can I find all of this in Huntsville? Or a suburb?
I also am looking for newer homes with some space.

Thanks!!
Yes, you can. Many of us have. Huntsville is a great place to raise a family. It has many wonderful activities for children. Your price range will narrow down the area given your criteria because that does vary in the different areas.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,262 times
Did you relocate to Huntsville? Where did you end up? We are thinking of relocating with 2 small boys. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,184 times
www.city-data.com/forum
[LEFT][LEFT]<a href=" http://www.baysalenow.com/two-and-a-half-men-seasons-1-7-p-187.html/"> two and a half men DVD box set (http://www.http/www.baysalenow.com/big-bang-theory-season-14-dvd-box-set-p-181.html%20/ - broken link)</a>[/LEFT][/LEFT]

Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 PM

183 posts, read 423,698 times
Best place to live in Huntsville is Madison.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,666 times
Possibly moving to Huntsville. I would appreciate any input on the best schools in the area. Thoughts on Madison, Blossomwood, or Hampton Cove? I have 2 boys who will enter kindergarten and 2nd grade next yr. Thank you.

Last edited by lawmw; 04-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Added questions

Old 04-07-2013, 09:04 PM

445 posts, read 764,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmw View Post
Possibly moving to Huntsville. I would appreciate any input on the best schools in the area. Thoughts on Madison, Blossomwood, or Hampton Cove? I have 2 boys who will enter kindergarten and 2nd grade next yr. Thank you.

If you want the absolute best schools in the area, Madison it is.

Certain parts of Madison will be better than others in regards to schools....LCTMadison can advise I am sure.

You will pay for that decision in regards to traffic.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:58 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,225,556 times
Honestly, Madison, Blossomwood, and HC are ALL great schools. Ultimately, the areas will probably determine where you decide to buy.

Blossomwood is an older area of HSV, but beautiful homes. Many are going to need renovations and you will still pay a hefty price for those homes. Also, check out Jones Valley....that's also a GREAT school and the Blossomwood/JV areas pretty much meander into each other. I get more requests for Jones Valley than Blossomwood (I have had a lot of Randolph clients as well), but both are EXCELLENT as are many of the other SE HSV schools. It will be interesting to see how the relocation of Grissom affects that area.

HC is a great area, I have many friends who live there. Their biggest complaint is the kids having to come over the mountain to HSV High School. I don't see this being resolved by HSV City Schools anytime in the near future. Also, it we have a hard freeze/snow/ice you can almost certainly plan to spend the day at home, as it becomes treacherous trying to go over the mountain into HSV. VERY close to Lake Guntersville, which is nice. Beautiful mountain views.

Madison....great system all the way around. I have friends and clients in every single Madison school and they are all very happy....in reality, you have a lot of prejudgement of a couple of the schools because they are in older buildings....but they are still GREAT schools. We chose Madison for the schools as well as proximity to my husband's job and we liked the area/neighborhoods overall much better, but that was our PERSONAL choice. We looked at all the same areas you are looking at, and overall Madison just better fit our family's wants and needs. But I also LOVE the other areas as well....I think I could be happy in any of them. We live in the County Line Rd area and the traffic flows very well....HWY 72 can get busy during commute hours in the morning and afternoon, as well as 565 around the Wall Triana exit. Wall Triana also has a LOT of commuter traffic as people travel on it from as far away as Ardmore.

Traffic is going to be an issue in all areas, not just Madison. And the traffic is NOT that bad....seriously, check out Birmingham traffic during commute times and you will see that ours is not bad at all.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:22 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,183,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
And the traffic is NOT that bad....seriously, check out Birmingham traffic during commute times and you will see that ours is not bad at all.
You can say that again! It seems like I spent a good part of Friday and the weekend sitting in traffic on 280.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,225,556 times
And 280 is ALWAYS bumper to bumper......I would NEVER live over there, it would drive me insane! It takes my friend in the Highlands over 30 minutes on a good day to get to the Summit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area