Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 03:21 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Buckhead View Post
Really?
Yes!

You can find something for $750k in just about any area of Nashville you want, also (except maybe Belle Meade?). You're used to those Buckhead prices!!! LOL...

Don't go to Memphis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 03:30 PM

these "judgemental maps" might offend some, but I think they are funny as hell. And there's a lot of truth in it, whether people want to admit it or not.

JUDGMENTAL MAPS: Nashville, TN by Taylor Copr. 2014 Taylor. All...

I'd post one for Huntsville, but they don't have it.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:45 PM

82 posts, read 120,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Yes!

You can find something for $750k in just about any area of Nashville you want, also (except maybe Belle Meade?). You're used to those Buckhead prices!!! LOL...

Don't go to Memphis.
Memphis is THAT bad? It seems like even Detroit is held in higher esteem than Memphis on this forum. I was there briefly (Collierville which actually a suburb next to Germantown) and I was afraid to explore the city, but I did spend time in Germantown and the adjacent areas of East Memphis and it was like Buckhead IMO.

Those low prices are great. It really opens up so many options for me and even better I will be without any kind of financial stress regarding making bills every month.

Awesome!

Old 06-01-2015, 03:46 PM

82 posts, read 120,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
these "judgemental maps" might offend some, but I think they are funny as hell. And there's a lot of truth in it, whether people want to admit it or not.

JUDGMENTAL MAPS: Nashville, TN by Taylor Copr. 2014 Taylor. All...

I'd post one for Huntsville, but they don't have it.
I love these! The ATL one is SPOT ON lmao

Old 06-01-2015, 07:14 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
You probably won't come close to touching $750k around here..... in Twickenham, that is a home in the 3000+ sft range on average.

You will find lots of basements over in the east side of HSV..look around areas like Blossomwood, Jones Valley, etc. Even if you don't happen upon a great remodel, you could find something to renovate to your taste and in that area it will only increase your property values.

Huntsville....Nashville....hmmmm. I love them both. Never lived in Nashville but I absolutely could see myself there. All my friends in that area love it. I have friends in and around Franklin/Brentwood. Huntsville is great (and I've never felt either were extremely liberal) but you will have to adjust to not having all the "big city" amenities close by. But then, Nashville and Bham are just an hour and a half drive away.

One of my good friends is from Memphis. Let me just say she echoes what TN2HSV has stated. From what she has told me I definitely would not want to live there....Bham is a much better option. There are some really great parts of Bham and it truly is a "southern" city.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:00 PM

224 posts, read 345,825 times
If you want an area that isn't saturated by the North East don't come to Huntsville. It is full of people from the North East and other areas who came here for their jobs. I just so happen to be one of them

I love Huntsville for what it is worth, I also love Atlanta and Nashville is amazing. It would be hard to choose as they all have their own charm

Old 06-02-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Buckhead View Post
Memphis is THAT bad? It seems like even Detroit is held in higher esteem than Memphis on this forum. I was there briefly (Collierville which actually a suburb next to Germantown) and I was afraid to explore the city, but I did spend time in Germantown and the adjacent areas of East Memphis and it was like Buckhead IMO.
If all you saw was Germantown & Collierville, you most definitely saw the BEST Memphis has to offer. The rest of the city? TN should let Mississippi or Arkansas have it! LOL... well, except for Graceland although it's not in a good area either.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:50 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
I don't think Nashville is as liberal as Atlanta, but its no where near as conservative as Huntsville is, from all my visits to both Atlanta and Jacksonville. Nashville has so many more amenities than Huntsville does. When I moved from Jacksonville, FL years ago, Huntsville was somewhat a culture shock to me.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:27 PM

614 posts, read 766,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
I don't think Nashville is as liberal as Atlanta, but its no where near as conservative as Huntsville is, from all my visits to both Atlanta and Jacksonville. Nashville has so many more amenities than Huntsville does. When I moved from Jacksonville, FL years ago, Huntsville was somewhat a culture shock to me.
We got movie theaters, multiple Super Walmart's, a CVS on every corner, and a lifetime supply of mattress stores. What other amenities do you need?

Old 06-02-2015, 01:44 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
We got movie theaters, multiple Super Walmart's, a CVS on every corner, and a lifetime supply of mattress stores. What other amenities do you need?
And nail salons. Don't forget about those!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area