Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 09:51 AM

10 posts, read 10,457 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much to all that have replied and for the great information! We're super excited about the move and can't wait to get down that way. I grew up in the south (born in raised in Texas with a stint in central Louisiana) and I know I'll love it as I am sick and tired of the west coast and desert southwest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 10:46 AM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVCouple View Post
Well then, my apologies for giving you any reason to read between the lines and make assumptions based on my poor ability to communicate properly.

But I will turn the question back on you and ask, what in my OP says, "I've got no country knowledge."?

Just as you might not could gleen that I do, you also couldn't glean that I do not without jumping to a conclusion - either way. That's just simple fact of reading comprehension. If you were asked if you could tell on a test, you would have to answer, "not enough information is available".
LOL! You really don't want to get into a peeing match with me. It gets all yellow and sticky and the goats start looking envious. Your apology is accepted.

Daring to comment further, I'm guessing your wife is fully on-board with any decision you make?
source: "The only reason for the indecision regarding city vs. country is my wife. Now she IS a city girl being she's from a city of more 12 million. " A twenty minute or longer drive for basic shopping or socializing in groups might be an issue.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:35 AM

10 posts, read 10,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
LOL! You really don't want to get into a peeing match with me. It gets all yellow and sticky and the goats start looking envious. Your apology is accepted.

Daring to comment further, I'm guessing your wife is fully on-board with any decision you make?
source: "The only reason for the indecision regarding city vs. country is my wife. Now she IS a city girl being she's from a city of more 12 million. " A twenty minute or longer drive for basic shopping or socializing in groups might be an issue.
Yes, of course she is onboard with looking at the options and then our making a decision TOGETHER.

I don't recall if I stated it earlier or not, but we will, most likely, end up getting two places. One in town and one out of town. But we shall see.

Again thanks to you and all the others that have shared your thoughts and insights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area