Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 08:01 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,151,892 times

Advertisements

Black criminals, on average, kill a couple dozen people A DAY in America. But by all means, let's worry and wring our hands about some politically incorrect white group putting up some flyers.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:07 AM

3,505 posts, read 761,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesta View Post
, I never knew that Cullman has such a horrible reputation for racism. My classmates told me that it's infamous in their community, and that people in New York even know to avoid Cullman, AL.
I think you`re thinking back 40 years or more .. I`m trying to remember that big white sign that was on the hill just past lacy springs that clearly stated that people of certain color should not let the sun go down on them in Arab .. I could be mistaken .. I bet someone has a picture though ...

Old 10-30-2015, 02:43 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I have heard of the sign but have never seen it but it was Arab. I have lived in Arab for 10 years and I have seen a change although I am sure there are still racist here but there are also new people who have moved here from other places who are more tolerant of all races.

After being a moderator on other state/city forums I can tell you racism isn't just in the south.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:55 PM

154 posts, read 158,549 times
This is another example of the degradation of AL.com. Honestly, the flyer is not that offensive except for the "KKK" part. You could easily sub "black" for white and it would not be offensive at all. Another example of AL.com trying to be provocative and get more "clicks".

Sad times we live in.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:34 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Black criminals, on average, kill a couple dozen people A DAY in America. But by all means, let's worry and wring our hands about some politically incorrect white group putting up some flyers.
Huh. That's relevant. I didn't get my goodie bag from the Rollin' 40s Crips or Trap Boyz this year, did you?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:41 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I have heard of the sign but have never seen it but it was Arab. I have lived in Arab for 10 years and I have seen a change although I am sure there are still racist here but there are also new people who have moved here from other places who are more tolerant of all races.

After being a moderator on other state/city forums I can tell you racism isn't just in the south.
I know nothing about the KKKs in Cullman but just want to add to Keeper's last sentence. I've lived in metropolitan "liberal" cities like NYC and LA and I can tell you that racism is more obvious & blatant in those cities than what I have seen or experienced here. I have experienced "reverse racism" from the black communities just from driving through their neighborhoods or showing up in Malls where blacks frequent. So this goes both ways.

From my colleagues, they tell me that KKK exists not just in Cullman, but just outside of Huntsville as well.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:18 PM

337 posts, read 405,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Ellington View Post
This is another example of the degradation of AL.com. Honestly, the flyer is not that offensive except for the "KKK" part. You could easily sub "black" for white and it would not be offensive at all. Another example of AL.com trying to be provocative and get more "clicks".

Sad times we live in.
The Flyer is not that offensive? Really? Save the Aryan race? ZOG? It's the evil juice fault? bet you are a Hitler admirer too.

More proof of what I stated in the other post above.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:51 PM

154 posts, read 158,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
The Flyer is not that offensive? Really? Save the Aryan race? ZOG? It's the evil juice fault? bet you are a Hitler admirer too.

More proof of what I stated in the other post above.
Nah, it is really not that offensive. Save the Aryan, Mexican, bla bla bla race is not offensive at all to me. Thanks for throwing in the towel by bringing up Hitler.

Sad times indeed.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:50 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
More than likely it is just some kids trying to get people stired up. We had someone going around spray painting cars, including a police car and sidewalks with NS.. People and police were trying to figure out what the initials stood for. Everyone was sure it was a gang symbol. Turns out 2 young men were playing around probably after having a little too much to drink. They turned themselves in and got a hefty community service hours for the foolishness.

Could be legit but I seriously doubt it. Most of the people who belong or join the KKK are not accepted by calling and saying I will join. REALLY??

Old 11-08-2015, 02:22 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
According to Wikipedia, Cullman is 0.01 percent African American, but 8.2 percent Hispanic or Latino.
I guess the best way to find out how much racism there is in that town is to interview the non-whites who live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area