Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 11:04 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,385,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
You name, you should start cheering for Florida... you make just many excuses as they use.

YOU LOST - swallow it up like a man....
That isn't an excuse. It is a fact. Alabama beat itself. 5 turnovers (Bama beat itself), a fluke play (luck) and a horrible missed call (typical college football, allowing teams to run block and then pass with no penalty), and you still only won by six. We will be fine, even after this loss. Assuming we can get the turnover issue fixed. Ole Miss will be fine, they may even win the West. It won't be sustained though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
Not an Ole Miss fan dude.
Then why do you care, dude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 11:04 AM

401 posts, read 535,950 times
Congrats on beating UA in back-to-back years for the first time in over 120 years of competition. Will this milestone be memorialized by a stadium banner/plaque? Is there room? If not, they should have some rings made for the players.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:08 AM

776 posts, read 745,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
No tears being shed here, weave. We have lost 10 games since '09. You have lost 15 just since Hugh Freeze has been there. I am not worried about 1 loss, to a good team. Especially one where we had all of those mistakes, and still only lost by six. Have fun going 8-4, 9-3 every year.
Alabama still has to go to Auburn and that game can go either way. Alabama at a minimum could be looking at a 2 loss season. If Alabama doesn't make the SEC championship their playoff hopes are shot.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
We will be fine, even after this loss. Assuming we can get the turnover issue fixed. Ole Miss will be fine, they may even win the West. It won't be sustained though.
If Ole Miss wins the West Alabama is pretty much out of the picture if the top teams continue to roll like they have been doing. It's not like this happened in Oxford.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:19 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
ole miss is still ole miss .. they will fade and the crimson cream will again rise to the top ..
Two years in a row - Ole Miss won... once in Oxford, the other at your home....

Hotty Toddy!

Old 09-21-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Two years in a row - Ole Miss won... once in Oxford, the other at your home....

Hotty Toddy!
Two years in a row Alabama has lost it's bowl game.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:35 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 280Tony View Post
Congrats on beating UA in back-to-back years for the first time in over 120 years of competition. Will this milestone be memorialized by a stadium banner/plaque? Is there room? If not, they should have some rings made for the players.
Maybe they went back home, rushed their field and tore the goalposts down.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Alabama still has to go to Auburn and that game can go either way. Alabama at a minimum could be looking at a 2 loss season. If Alabama doesn't make the SEC championship their playoff hopes are shot.
And? I will not complain with a two loss season. I am not one of those delusional fans who think we are going to the playoffs every single year. We have the talent to, but with our schedule strength this year, it was a long shot to begin with. If we go 10-2 or 9-3, I'll be disappointed, sure. It isn't the end of the world though. If the quarterback play gets better, and we limit turnovers, it would be realistic to see us winning out. If it doesn't, then we are probably looking at 9-3. I'll take a 9-3 season once every 7-8 years.

Quote:
If Ole Miss wins the West Alabama is pretty much out of the picture if the top teams continue to roll like they have been doing. It's not like this happened in Oxford.
And? Ole Miss could lose to LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, and Miss St and be irrelevant. They could lose to LSU and Texas A&M, and Bama could win out and win the West. They could both lose multiple games and LSU or Texas A&M win the West. They could win out. What's your point? It is always the fans of schools that don't win as much that seem to think a 2 or 3 loss season is the end of Alabama. It's funny really. We live in your mind rent free!

Old 09-21-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
And? I will not complain with a two loss season. I am not one of those delusional fans who think we are going to the playoffs every single year. We have the talent to, but with our schedule strength this year, it was a long shot to begin with. If we go 10-2 or 9-3, I'll be disappointed, sure. It isn't the end of the world though. If the quarterback play gets better, and we limit turnovers, it would be realistic to see us winning out. If it doesn't, then we are probably looking at 9-3. I'll take a 9-3 season once every 7-8 years.

And? Ole Miss could lose to LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, and Miss St and be irrelevant. They could lose to LSU and Texas A&M, and Bama could win out and win the West. They could both lose multiple games and LSU or Texas A&M win the West. They could win out. What's your point? It is always the fans of schools that don't win as much that seem to think a 2 or 3 loss season is the end of Alabama. It's funny really. We live in your mind rent free!
I can see Alabama losing at Georgia and to LSU in Tuscaloosa the way they are playing right now. Then they would still have to go to Auburn which we all know how crazy that game can be even when Auburn isn't very good. You can't lose at home early in the season and expect to be in the drivers seat.

Old 09-21-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I can see Alabama losing at Georgia and to LSU in Tuscaloosa the way they are playing right now. Then they would still have to go to Auburn which we all know how crazy that game can be even when Auburn isn't very good. You can't lose at home early in the season and expect to be in the drivers seat.
Again... And? did I say Bama was in the drivers seat? We may very well lose to both of them. We may very well win both games. Depends on how they respond to the loss. If they do like Auburn last year, and just give up, then it will be a rough season ahead. If they stay positive and improve, then they will be just fine. Alabama vs Auburn is crazy no matter the records or talent, so I will never say that game is an easy one. Also, don't forget, in 2012 we lost a home game to Texas A&M and still won the NC. I'm not saying that is happening this year, but don't act like it can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area