Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 03:54 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Wow... stop the presses!

We agree on something else!!! lol

I CANNOT STAND OSU...

What really got my goat today was seeing that they're still in first place... after barely winning... I mean my local high school team could have beaten them on Saturday!
I don't think they will be sitting there at the end though. That Michigan State team looks much better than OSU at this point. That may change, but until then....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 06:00 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,772,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Nowhere did I say they were luck. At least 3 of them were not forced turnovers though. Alabama beat themselves on those. They were just crappy passes. And not even you can say that twice tipped pass wasn't luck. If you do, you are lying to yourself.
Okay. So Alabama played crappy at times. What team doesn't make mistakes?

Quote:
The onside kick was illegal? That's funny, I have read several people talking about how perfect it was...
Yes, it was intentionally tipped forward, away from Ole Miss players. That is not allowed. It should have been a penalty and a rekick.

Click for the video

Quote:
hmm... A facemask was worth 7 points? Right....
Exactly. Go to 1:17:47 in this video and watch. Obvious facemask. Should have been first down Ole Miss, instead it was touchdown Alabama. The replay showing even a better angle is at 1:18:25. Let me know what you think.

Quote:
Every team gets fortunate calls, but I can not remember one in recent memory (for Alabama that is) that led directly to a score. The missed call in this game led directly to the score. They call that back like they should have, this game could have ended a completely different way. Not saying it would have ended better, but it certainly could have. That would have put the crowd back into it.
Well I just gave you two. One from this year's Ole Miss game, and one from last year's Ole Miss game.

Why can't Alabama fans just admit they got beat by a team that outplayed them?

Old 09-21-2015, 07:08 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Why do fans of every other team obsess over what Alabama fans think?

Old 09-21-2015, 07:08 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,791,538 times
IMHO, UA was overranked to begin with.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:11 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
IMHO, UA was overranked to begin with.
That's great. So are a lot of teams. Try making these deductions before a game is played though.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:34 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,791,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
That's great. So are a lot of teams. Try making these deductions before a game is played though.
I did at the begriming of the season. I even think my Noles are over ranked. The ap/coaches polls are useless the first 4 or 5 weeks.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Okay. So Alabama played crappy at times. What team doesn't make mistakes?

Yes, it was intentionally tipped forward, away from Ole Miss players. That is not allowed. It should have been a penalty and a rekick.

[vine]ePaJm39I79Q[/vine]Click for the video[/url]

Exactly. Go to 1:17:47 in
this video and watch. Obvious facemask. Should have been first down Ole Miss, instead it was touchdown Alabama. The replay showing even a better angle is at 1:18:25. Let me know what you think.

Well I just gave you two. One from this year's Ole Miss game, and one from last year's Ole Miss game.

Why can't Alabama fans just admit they got beat by a team that outplayed them?
Every team makes mistakes, yes. Making 5 should assure you losing. Bama was still within 6, and had the ball with a chance to win.

The onside kick, according to the SEC ref on my local radio show this morning, was said to have not been "tipped" forward, because the player (ArDarius Stewart) was not attempting to tip it, but attempting to catch it. Was that the case? Only ArDarius Stewart knows that. It looks like he may have been attempting to tip it, but as high as he was on that jump, he could have just been trying to catch it but couldn't get his other arm up. Either way, it did not lead DIRECTLY to the score, which is what I was saying with the pop pass. It led to a drive that led to points. A re-kick could have been recovered by Alabama also, we don't know. Alabama didn't get that chance on the pop pass did they? It goes both ways. Ole Miss could have turned around and thrown a TD on the very next play, or Alabama could have stopped the drive. That would have made it 30-24 a few minutes into the 4th, instead of 37-24. The onside might not have even been necessary had the right call been made.

The facemask should have been called, yes. I did not remember this play from last year, or at least not the facemask. The difference however, is you can't say that it cost you the game. The pop pass might not have either, but it certainly put Bama at a disadvantage it should not have been in.

You want Alabama fans to admit we were outplayed and lost? I will admit that as soon as you admit that the pop pass should have been called back for the lineman run blocking 6 yards downfield, and that it could very well have been the one play that won you that game. You do that, and I'll admit we were outplayed. Until then...

Old 09-22-2015, 08:12 AM

3,507 posts, read 765,449 times
just what is a hotty toddy anyway ?

Old 09-22-2015, 08:40 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,772,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Every team makes mistakes, yes. Making 5 should assure you losing. Bama was still within 6, and had the ball with a chance to win.

The onside kick, according to the SEC ref on my local radio show this morning, was said to have not been "tipped" forward, because the player (ArDarius Stewart) was not attempting to tip it, but attempting to catch it. Was that the case? Only ArDarius Stewart knows that. It looks like he may have been attempting to tip it, but as high as he was on that jump, he could have just been trying to catch it but couldn't get his other arm up. Either way, it did not lead DIRECTLY to the score, which is what I was saying with the pop pass. It led to a drive that led to points. A re-kick could have been recovered by Alabama also, we don't know. Alabama didn't get that chance on the pop pass did they? It goes both ways. Ole Miss could have turned around and thrown a TD on the very next play, or Alabama could have stopped the drive. That would have made it 30-24 a few minutes into the 4th, instead of 37-24. The onside might not have even been necessary had the right call been made.

The facemask should have been called, yes. I did not remember this play from last year, or at least not the facemask. The difference however, is you can't say that it cost you the game. The pop pass might not have either, but it certainly put Bama at a disadvantage it should not have been in.

You want Alabama fans to admit we were outplayed and lost? I will admit that as soon as you admit that the pop pass should have been called back for the lineman run blocking 6 yards downfield, and that it could very well have been the one play that won you that game. You do that, and I'll admit we were outplayed. Until then...
Yes, that should have been called. However, lineman downfield, like holding, is commonly missed. Also, to my eyes, is obvious that Stewart was tipping it away from Ole Miss players.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Yes, that should have been called. However, lineman downfield, like holding, is commonly missed. Also, to my eyes, is obvious that Stewart was tipping it away from Ole Miss players.
I agree, holding is missed all the time. I would feel safe saying it is missed on almost every play. That is why it is different than a lineman downfield. If holding was called every time someone held, the games would last 7 hours. The point is, the lineman downfield should not have been missed. It wasn't like he was 3 1/2 yards downfield (the rule is less than 3 yds), he was 6 yards downfield. It was a horrible no call that put you ahead 13. Holding is rarely missed when it is that obvious. Not to mention, that was supposed to be a huge thing for them to be looking out for this year, and they missed it, badly. They missed it in a game with NC implications. They either need to call it like they should, or just make it legal. the way it is now, it might as well be legal.

Having played football for years, on the defensive side of the ball, I can tell you why it NEEDS to be called. Not why it should, but why it NEEDS to be. Defensive players look to the linemen sometimes to determine whether a play is a run or pass. On this play, it was quite obvious that the DB noticed the linemen run blocking, and felt comfortable coming up to make a stop on the run. Had the linemen been pass blocking, he would not have come out of his coverage. Why even have the rule if you are just going to let teams run block while passing anyways? Just let linemen do whatever they want. They might as well at this point. Just watch any Auburn, Baylor, TCU, etc game.

I said in my last post that it does appear that he was trying to tip it. I did not dispute that. I was just telling you what a former head SEC ref said, and saying that only Stewart knows for sure. Also, pointing out that it did not result directly in a score. It helped, absolutely, but Bama did not score on the play. It also would have been a re-kick, which could have gone either way. We are in agreement that it looks like he was attempting to tip it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area