Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,083,992 times

Advertisements

If so, how did it go, and do you think it has a better chance than so many others that failed?

Also, when is Bravo opening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 09:15 AM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
I guess it just opened in the last couple of days?

I've been to one in Vegas...meat eaters rejoice!

Old 01-23-2015, 11:01 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
Just opened last night. We are going tonight and I'm pretty excited to try it! I'll let ya know how it goes.

I think it will do much better, Texas de Brazil is a national brand that has done well versus the other restaurants that were there that were lesser known and in all honesty not that good....especially that BBQ place, that was disgusting. Ketchup was nothing special and overpriced for what it was, same with The Tavern.

The last time I checked, Bravo opens next week on the 29th.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:05 AM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
Kind of pricey at around $55 per head which would include dinner, taxes and a 20% tip, not including drinks. I hope you are managing your eating today because you'll want to go in hungry to get your $$ worth!

I think it will do well at Bridge Street too.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:55 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Kind of pricey at around $55 per head which would include dinner, taxes and a 20% tip, not including drinks. I hope you are managing your eating today because you'll want to go in hungry to get your $$ worth!

I think it will do well at Bridge Street too.
That's actually not that bad...the bone-in ribeye I like to get at Fleming's or Ruth's Chris is $59, so $42.95 for the full dinner is a bargain...this isn't your typical Golden Corral.

I'm looking forward to trying it out...I've been to similar Brazilian steakhouses and they are always a great time. Also, if you're not a meat eater, I believe the salad and side-bar has over 50 different items, so your vegetarian companions will have plenty to choose from as well.

They also have a card available for $21 on their website and maybe in-store that gets you and your party (up to 6 people) free dessert and coffee up to 12 times this year. Considering the desserts are typically $8-$10 a plate, that's a good deal if you plan to eat here more than a couple times this year and can manage to save room for dessert.

Last edited by bmrisko; 01-23-2015 at 12:45 PM..

Old 01-23-2015, 12:50 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,788,081 times
Like any new place in Huntsville, I usually wait 6 months. Anytime earlier than that its always a long wait at dinner time to get in.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Like any new place in Huntsville, I usually wait 6 months. Anytime earlier than that its always a long wait at dinner time to get in.
Make reservations...as the dining experience can be quite long, they will likely block off your table so you actually get seated at your reserved time.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:36 PM

944 posts, read 1,185,772 times
We're going tonight, cannot wait! Used to be one of our favorites in Fairfax/VA...meats/buffet is always outstanding and the same with service, they bring in trainers from other restaurants and they train their staff very well. You absolutely get your moneys worth - we made reservations, but expect a little wait.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:54 PM

944 posts, read 1,185,772 times
Update: Very happy, stuffed and impressed - had a drink in the bar first and table available on time, looks like they seated staggered enough to not overwhelm kitchen or servers. Decor is lovely and modern - food excellent, service the same. Considering this was the first "proper" service & they got their booze and beer delivery at 4:58 they did very well - the wine arrived around 7

Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
Fabulous!!!! Becky, we must have crossed paths, I wish I had known you were there!

I am stuffed....food and service was amazing! I could honestly just enjoy the salad bar...

Sign up for their Eclub online. They sent me a welcome with a free dessert for up to 6 people at our table so we indulged in that. They also sent a $25 off two dinners Monday-Thursday.

We had reservations and were seated promptly. Staff was impeccable, it did not seem like this was only their second night.

Will definitely be back. It was fantastic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area