Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 03:39 PM

23 posts, read 34,673 times

Advertisements

2 shootings in one week -- City of Madison Subdivisions

Today off County Line Road S/D

The shooting took place in the 200 block of Coral Court, where responding officers found a 24-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the leg. Three suspects wearing masks were seen fleeing the scene in a dark green small to mid-sized vehicle, police said.
Madison police working shooting that put 4 nearby schools on 'Code Yellow' lockdown | AL.com

Police say a man was shot in the leg in the 200 block of Coral Court, off Hardiman Place.
This is in a neighborhood just off County Line Road. The man shot is 24 years old. He was taken to Huntsville Hospital for treatment.

Man shot in neighborhood off County Line Road; precautionary lockdown lifted at 4 Madison schools | WHNT.com

Last week off Wall Triana S/D

Madison Police responded to a shooting on the 100 Block of Arabian Drive just after 10:30 Thursday night. That's just off of Wall Triana Highway.
Madison Police searching for person responsible for a shooting | WHNT.com

The man was found around 10:30 p.m. when officers went to his home in the 100 block of Arabian Drive, located off of Wall Triana Highway. AL.com news partner WHNT News 19 reports that he was taken to Huntsville Hospital for treatment.

Madison man critical after shooting at his home | AL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 04:28 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times
Ain't that just special

Old 12-09-2015, 04:29 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
IDK anything about the one on Arabian Drive. Were there any details that came out? Domestic situation?

As for the one on Coral Court....this is the subdivision I lived in until April of this year. It's a quiet neighborhood full of kids & families. My daughter goes to school with & is acquainted with one of the kids who lives at the house where this shooting took place. It's a large family, and the 24 yr old shooting victim is her older brother. Obviously someone (or a group) had a beef with him, or maybe they were looking to rob a house and he was home and in the "wrong place at the wrong time" type thing. Maybe we will find out more when they locate the 3 subjects. At any rate, I seriously doubt the 2 incidents are related.

Coincidentally this is the same subdivision where the Indian grandfather was slammed to the ground. Can't be good for home values!

Old 12-10-2015, 08:40 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times
has anyone heard more details about yesterday's shooting? Did they ever catch the suspects? Was it targeted or random?

Old 12-10-2015, 08:24 PM

49 posts, read 50,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
has anyone heard more details about yesterday's shooting? Did they ever catch the suspects? Was it targeted or random?
Drug deal gone bad.

Old 12-10-2015, 08:30 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post

Coincidentally this is the same subdivision where the Indian grandfather was slammed to the ground. Can't be good for home values!
I have friends in that neighborhood...they said the very same thing

Old 12-10-2015, 09:37 PM

483 posts, read 630,575 times
I bet in both cases the victim knew the shooter. I agree either a drug deal gone bad or something similar of the same sort. No coincidences I bet.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:13 AM

49 posts, read 50,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
I bet in both cases the victim knew the shooter. I agree either a drug deal gone bad or something similar of the same sort. No coincidences I bet.
There is no "either". He was the former babysitter of one of my daugther's good friends and they've been in touch with the mother.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:44 PM

23 posts, read 34,673 times
update

The subsequent investigation showed that the shooting took place when the suspects tried robbing the victim of marijuana. Additional charges are anticipated as the investigation continues.

Madison police arrest 3 in Coral Court shooting | AL.com

Old 12-16-2015, 08:44 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperoon View Post
update

The subsequent investigation showed that the shooting took place when the suspects tried robbing the victim of marijuana. Additional charges are anticipated as the investigation continues.

Madison police arrest 3 in Coral Court shooting | AL.com
So should we classify this as

1) There are too many damn guns on the street. Need to take guns away from the people

2). This is a "blacks on black" crime so the "Black Lives Matter" will not get involved. It don't matter.

3). This is all due to the Climate Change. It leads people to gun violence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: