Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 11:10 AM

183 posts, read 226,543 times

Advertisements

Long before Flint switched to the Flint River for drinking water, General Motors had stopped using Flint River water in their production facilities because it was corroding car parts. This was well known. How anyone could then later decide that it would be good drinking water is baffling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 01:39 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,568,563 times
Quote:
EPA's Advice to Flint Residents
EPA recommends that all Flint residents use either bottled water or cold water that has been through a water filter certified to remove "total lead" for drinking, cooking and making baby formula until further notice. This is especially important for pregnant women, infants and children.
Flint Drinking Water Response
Flint Drinking Water Response | US EPA

Old 01-30-2016, 03:54 PM

944 posts, read 1,175,312 times
Who cares who the politicians are, what party they are affiliated with, uber liberal movie makers etc etc - just frigging fix it...then play the blame game...

BTW, the water quality in 2 of the poorest counties in AL is apparently worse than Flint's - no media coverage about that, nor has anything actually been done about it

Old 02-23-2016, 03:30 PM

154 posts, read 156,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
Who cares who the politicians are, what party they are affiliated with, uber liberal movie makers etc etc - just frigging fix it...then play the blame game...

BTW, the water quality in 2 of the poorest counties in AL is apparently worse than Flint's - no media coverage about that, nor has anything actually been done about it
I agree. A couple of years ago even our Madison water was under scrutiny. I think that was resolved since that time and brought to EPA standards?

Madison Utilities board to vote tonight on lowering fluoride levels in city's drinking water | AL.com

Old 02-28-2016, 10:22 AM

43 posts, read 43,448 times
The reason I asked in the original post is because -- independent of government nonsense, publicity seekers, and lawsuits -- I prefer to give on a smaller, personal scale. Partner churches in 2 towns, Scout troops and packs, well-off local individuals who have a personal connection or calling. That sort of thing.

I missed yesterday's (2/27) water drop off at Landers McLarty Jeep. There is another one scheduled for Sat Mar 5 at Landers McLarty Subaru. I plan drop a few cases and a few bucks, without thinking about the EPA, Michael Moore, or TV coverage for one second.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:49 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,373,633 times
Aren't you a saint...

Old 02-29-2016, 01:14 PM

43 posts, read 43,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Aren't you a saint...
Well done, that was a good clean shot I richly deserved.

What I meant to say is I know I can't do everything, but it doesn't mean I can't do _something_. Everybody is welcome to scream for government to intercede with Big Solutions or prosecutions or whatever. But when we're done screaming, it's also OK to do something small and helpful.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:05 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,373,633 times
BillThePoet - classy response. BTW I agree with your approach, however the virtue-signaling seemed a bit much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: