Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 09:06 AM

117 posts, read 314,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teko03 View Post
This is what people don't get when they say "oh the stadium is a waste of money". But what they don't realize is the entire reason the city council is all in on the stadium is to not only boost tax revenue, but to stop letting it all go to Huntsville, or better yet have Huntsville & Decatur's tax dollars pour into Madison for a change. $46 million sounds like a lot, but really it's only the cost of 3 or 4 decent sized road improvement projects. Investing the money into this stadium & Town Madison will be a badly needed money maker for the City of Madison.
Agreed with RocketDawg and Teko. Madison is making a bold movement to increase the tax revenue and I believe that it's on the right track after seeing the stadium designs and landing Margaritaville. It will boost the attraction of retails and restaurants into Town Madison, similar to the Islands in Pigeon Forge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 12:31 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDreamer View Post
It's fairly new article, I found it on twitter and it was shared on June 7th.

Regarding to the parking deck, I think he means that people usually talk about how tall the buildings are or how dense and active the area is, but it cannot happen without a parking deck. Street parking won't draw enough people. [Edit: reading the article again, I see that he meant the expense of parking deck is what people don't understand.]

Huntsville planned to spend $2m on designing the pedestrian walkway, and it will happen if Huntsville is able to get the federal fund. I hope it will be a good design, not caged pedestrian bridge that we usually see.
There's no way he could have only surface parkng on that property ... it's just too valuable. You have to go up. Huntsville Hospital does things right when they have entrances to the buildings on each floor of the parking garage. Maybe McClain will do the same. Gotta wonder if he'll take over the parking lot for the existing hotel for buildings.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:44 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
It's fairly new article, I found it on twitter and it was shared on June 7th.

Regarding to the parking deck, I think he means that people usually talk about how tall the buildings are or how dense and active the area is, but it cannot happen without a parking deck. Street parking won't draw enough people. [Edit: reading the article again, I see that he meant the expense of parking deck is what people don't understand.]

Huntsville planned to spend $2m on designing the pedestrian walkway, and it will happen if Huntsville is able to get the federal fund. I hope it will be a good design, not caged pedestrian bridge that we usually see.
the possible proposed pedestrian skyway concepts by Rosales top notch bridge designers
This will give Lowe Mill a direct pedestrian and bike link to downtown greenways

http://rosalespartners.com/wp-conten...sville8-08.jpg

Huntsville Pedestrian Bridge | R O S A L E S +

http://rosalespartners.com/wp-conten...sville9-09.jpg

http://rosalespartners.com/wp-conten...sville1-01.jpg

Last edited by toosie; 06-14-2018 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Architects are especially particular about copyright

Old 06-13-2018, 03:42 PM

117 posts, read 314,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
the possible proposed pedestrian skyway concepts by Rosales top notch bridge designers
This will give Lowe Mill a direct pedestrian and bike link to downtown greenways

Huntsville Pedestrian Bridge | R O S A L E S +

Wow, that's a pretty aesthetic design. Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-13-2018, 06:16 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's quite dramatic. It's a bit farther south than I had thought it would be. But like I said earlier, I'd forgotten all about it.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:31 AM

410 posts, read 696,209 times
Project Starbelt announcement coming today? This is the $750 million data center. Facebook has announced $750 million data centers in Georgia and Ohio, that's my guess.

https://twitter.com/SenatorAOrr/stat...49553882599424

Old 06-14-2018, 08:54 AM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Project Starbelt announcement coming today? This is the $750 million data center. Facebook has announced $750 million data centers in Georgia and Ohio, that's my guess.

There is a scheduled chamber announcement this afternoon. The governor will be here for it.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:35 AM

125 posts, read 165,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post

I was thinking this was a done deal as of last month? I guess they are finalizing it? Maybe something additional?

Old 06-14-2018, 12:27 PM

271 posts, read 294,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csutton79 View Post
I was thinking this was a done deal as of last month? I guess they are finalizing it? Maybe something additional?

Seems like they're supposed to at some point reveal who Starbelt LLC is, or better yet who their parent company is.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:30 PM

141 posts, read 178,551 times
Quote:

Has to be the same people who designed the pedestrian bridge at the falls in Greenville, SC. That one sided suspension is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area