Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 07:00 AM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times

Advertisements

I've been told that it's part of a greenway ... walking trail. I've yet to see anybody using it however, and it's been there at least for a couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 07:28 AM

523 posts, read 1,003,811 times
Seems they could have picked a more scenic spot for a walking trail than next to a train track and under an interstate

Old 04-12-2019, 07:51 AM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
It is to connect the Redstone Gateway with Research Park and Bridge Street with a pedestrian and bike path.
This is the best way to get to the other side of the freeway. Not a waste of money just as the other greenways aren’t either. Huntsville has done extensive research planning and getting input from citizens on greenways.
Research Park Blvd expansion to 6 lanes is set to begin this summer. Bids go out end of the April. Will also include new Old Madison Pike overpass and better access to Mid City.

https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/roadwor...-madison-pike/

Old 04-12-2019, 09:00 AM

523 posts, read 1,003,811 times
The 255 expansion and new over pass is much needed and will be awesome when completed. But I still don't buy into the "so far unused" pedestrian and bike path. There is nothing connecting it to Bridge Street for one, it only connects to a small parking lot. Besides, Redstone Gateway is a business complex, not a large residential area, it's not like there will be droves of pedestrians and bicyclists going back and forth from there to Bridge Street.

Old 04-12-2019, 01:01 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,028 times
Any trail/path/greenway that they can build for the bicyclists to ride their bikes on to help keep them off the roadways, works for me. lol

Old 04-12-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Any trail/path/greenway that they can build for the bicyclists to ride their bikes on to help keep them off the roadways, works for me. lol
I certainly agree with that sentiment. A couple of days ago, I saw a guy on a bike riding the wrong way down the eastbound merge lane from Zierdt North to Madison Blvd. People merging don't expect to see a bike coming into their face when they're merging. He also went down Zierdt on the wrong side of the road to get to the new lanes that are not open yet. That is insanely dangerous. And he was dressed as if he was an experienced biker too.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
It is to connect the Redstone Gateway with Research Park and Bridge Street with a pedestrian and bike path.
This is the best way to get to the other side of the freeway. Not a waste of money just as the other greenways aren’t either. Huntsville has done extensive research planning and getting input from citizens on greenways.
Research Park Blvd expansion to 6 lanes is set to begin this summer. Bids go out end of the April. Will also include new Old Madison Pike overpass and better access to Mid City.

https://www.huntsvilleal.gov/roadwor...-madison-pike/
Widening Research Park Blvd is really needed. A new overpass for Madison Pike, in my mind, is nice but not necessary.

What they really need to do is rebuild the entire interchange similar to what's being done in B'ham. That one and the interchange at the Parkway really, really need redesigning and rebuilding for higher traffic counts.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:43 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
Seems they could have picked a more scenic spot for a walking trail than next to a train track and under an interstate
I always thought it was for folks visiting the homeless camps down there.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:54 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
I always thought it was for folks visiting the homeless camps down there.
Don’t believe there are any in that area

Old 04-13-2019, 01:50 PM

271 posts, read 294,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Widening Research Park Blvd is really needed. A new overpass for Madison Pike, in my mind, is nice but not necessary.

What they really need to do is rebuild the entire interchange similar to what's being done in B'ham. That one and the interchange at the Parkway really, really need redesigning and rebuilding for higher traffic counts.
Research Park can't be widened without re-doing the OMP overpass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area