Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2020, 07:13 PM

12,979 posts, read 9,501,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4Huntsville View Post
I worked for NCDOT (Location and Surveys/ Maintenance Survey (secondary roads program)) before moving to the Dothan area in 2013. On a side note, I should have moved to NoAL. Stupid hindsight! Wiregrass has got to be one of the slowest firms I have ever seen. Any project I've seen them on takes an unreasonably and unholy amount of time to compete.
Is Wiregrass headquartered where their name indicates they would be - in the Dothan area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 07:28 PM

100 posts, read 112,064 times
They are based in Dothan.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:06 PM

375 posts, read 513,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
1. The 565 project will almost certainly be finished 50 days early, given the incentive. I assume that's 50 working days, so 10 weeks early or mid-October 2021. That's still a long time. Perhaps they'll hop on it and not have construction traffic delays for 18 months.

2. I too noticed how uneven the newly opened Zierdt Rd lanes are, and there are also low areas that collect rainwater. As you suggest, hopefully it will all even out with the topcoat.

3. I think Reed also has the Chaney Thompson contract, but that's probably near finishing. Wouldn't be surprised if Reed gets the "Northern Bypass" contract also.
Relative to your item 1, I just checked and it's calendar days not working days. So for each full calendar day that the contractor finishes the project ahead/behind schedule from specified end date of December 17, 2021, the contractor will receive incentive/disincentive of +/-$25k up to a max of +/- $1.25 million.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:11 AM

152 posts, read 240,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
1. The 565 project will almost certainly be finished 50 days early, given the incentive. I assume that's 50 working days, so 10 weeks early or mid-October 2021. That's still a long time. Perhaps they'll hop on it and not have construction traffic delays for 18 months.

2. I too noticed how uneven the newly opened Zierdt Rd lanes are, and there are also low areas that collect rainwater. As you suggest, hopefully it will all even out with the topcoat.

3. I think Reed also has the Chaney Thompson contract, but that's probably near finishing. Wouldn't be surprised if Reed gets the "Northern Bypass" contract also.

Re: Zierdt Road flooding. We got word by a neighbor rep who’s in contact with the city that after the Madison Blvd and Town Madison work is done on Zierdt that the flooding area will be raised 2 feet and redone. There’s a section in the NB lanes that have been underwater more than not since the beginning of the year. Anytime it rains more than a 2-3 inches it floods and takes several days to drain away. And every time, residents in the area flood (HA!) the city with pictures and complaints. It’s become an additional joke on top of a project that’s been one big f’ing joke.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grumpy View Post
Relative to your item 1, I just checked and it's calendar days not working days. So for each full calendar day that the contractor finishes the project ahead/behind schedule from specified end date of December 17, 2021, the contractor will receive incentive/disincentive of +/-$25k up to a max of +/- $1.25 million.
OK, thanks, so that puts it sometime in late October 2021. It's hard to believe that what they're doing, as you said basically just a resurfacing job, would take that long. Unless they go for days and weeks without doing anything.

I don't know who the contractor is for the Greenbrier interchange upgrade is, but it seems like they're been working on it for a really long time.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:08 PM

375 posts, read 513,866 times
Reed is doing the Greenbrier work. I didn't list it because I thought they were done there.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Reed is doing the Greenbrier work. I didn't list it because I thought they were done there.
It may be now, but didn't seem to be when I was out there a couple or three weeks ago.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:03 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
Quote:
The plans were for Reed to be done by now with the bridge project to follow in early May.

Area road projects moving forward, work expected to begin soon on widening of I-565

Old 05-11-2020, 06:51 PM

156 posts, read 177,037 times
A recently formed company by the name Lincoln Revival, LLC closed on Lincoln Mill. The firms only listed agent is Wesley Crunkelton and it was formed alongside a opportunity zone investment fund.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:29 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL2HSV View Post
A recently formed company by the name Lincoln Revival, LLC closed on Lincoln Mill. The firms only listed agent is Wesley Crunkelton and it was formed alongside a opportunity zone investment fund.
Tremendous opportunity in this area. Meridian street corridor would be awesome with street side cafes, clubs and midrise housing, stretch from Oakwood south to Pratt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area