Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2017, 06:42 AM

271 posts, read 293,999 times

Advertisements

I swear they announced the Constellation development like 10 years ago, and we're just now seeing "final" concept drawings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 07:10 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,838,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teko03 View Post
I swear they announced the Constellation development like 10 years ago, and we're just now seeing "final" concept drawings?
The original investors fell off due to the recession and collapse of the real estate market and developing. The only thing that was built from the original plan was the Marriott that looks like a box dropped in the middle of a dirt field. lol The project was cancelled or put on indefinite hold. The basically started over and planned around the existing Marriott. I can't remember what all the original development was supposed to have or how similar the new plan is to the old. However, it will happen this time around because the market conditions are very favorable and Huntsville is booming.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:12 AM

117 posts, read 314,485 times
I'm excited to see that there are so many developments in plan in Madison/Huntsville. By the way, it seems that Huntsville mpo updated their map and long-waited highway 72 widening right of way acquisition will start next year spring and construction is planned on late summer of 2019 assuming there is no hiccup on the way. When the construction starts, I predict that there will be development boom along HW72.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:53 AM

640 posts, read 697,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
The original investors fell off due to the recession and collapse of the real estate market and developing. The only thing that was built from the original plan was the Marriott that looks like a box dropped in the middle of a dirt field. lol The project was cancelled or put on indefinite hold. The basically started over and planned around the existing Marriott. I can't remember what all the original development was supposed to have or how similar the new plan is to the old. However, it will happen this time around because the market conditions are very favorable and Huntsville is booming.
I will be curious to see how quickly this happens.

The Holiday Inn downtown redevelopment took two years to get off the ground. There are multiple developments in the area that are panhandling for tenants in a time that retailers are steadily losing ground to on-line sales. There are no announced tenants at Town Madison, and only one announced major tenant at MidCity.

There may be demand for the apartments, but the projected demand is based on a study that was bought and paid for by Downtown Huntsville Inc. DHI is a big disappointment to me. Regions gave them the historic bank building, and DHI rented it out and closed it to the public.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,577,060 times
The renderings are very generic and poor quality. These should not be considered final and even the developer said they were preliminary.
This project should be called Nebula..you can faintly see it with averted vision but it won't come into sharp focus.
From these renderings though the architecture is very disappointing.
Don't be surprised if the other hotel planned is a Courtyard by Marriott, but it would be great if ALOFT would locate downtown.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDreamer View Post
I'm excited to see that there are so many developments in plan in Madison/Huntsville. By the way, it seems that Huntsville mpo updated their map and long-waited highway 72 widening right of way acquisition will start next year spring and construction is planned on late summer of 2019 assuming there is no hiccup on the way. When the construction starts, I predict that there will be development boom along HW72.
The six laning of Research Park Blvd to University and I-565 interchange improvements in the design stage as well

Old 05-17-2017, 12:14 PM

640 posts, read 697,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDreamer View Post
Isn't that like two years behind the original schedule before our Luv Guv's ALDOT buddy John Cooper put a bunch of projects on hold as payback for Senator Holzclaw's billboard. I wish Kay Ivey would send Mr. Cooper packing.

I am puzzled that additional lanes between US 72 and Madison Pike on Research Park Blvd should be so expensive. Really all they need to do is fill in the median, pave, and install a concrete barrier. Even if they use some of the shoulder, it's all pretty flat and shouldn't need any bridge work.

Also, there is a US 72 project page up:

US72 West

The Jeff Road intersection concept is interesting, as I see no provision for left turns from US 72 (East or West) onto Jeff Road.

Last edited by cooldiver; 05-17-2017 at 12:27 PM..

Old 05-17-2017, 12:24 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,588 times
We will be lucky to see any of those road projects done by 2025.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
Isn't that like two years behind the original schedule before our Luv Guv's ALDOT buddy John Cooper put a bunch of projects on hold as payback for Senator Holzclaw's billboard. I wish Kay Ivey would send Mr. Cooper packing.

I am puzzled that additional lanes between US 72 and Madison Pike on Research Park Blvd should be so expensive. Really all they need to do is fill in the median, pave, and install a concrete barrier. Even if they use some of the shoulder, it's all pretty flat and shouldn't need any bridge work.

Also, there is a US 72 project page up:

US72 West

The Jeff Road intersection concept is interesting, as I see no provision for left turns from US 72 (East or West) onto Jeff Road.
There will be a new overpass/bridge built for Old Madison Pike, the reworked I-565 interchange may include other bridges and some rework at University

Old 05-17-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
We will be lucky to see any of those road projects done by 2025.
well if they started today it would probably be three years minimum so yeah you are probably right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area