Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 08:35 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,537 times

Advertisements

Developer, Sembler, has withdrawn from project. Breland to continue:

Town Madison project moves forward without developer - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 01:49 PM

51 posts, read 54,882 times
That whole project seems like a mess. I wonder what effect this will have.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:34 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,578,001 times
Kind of like Constellation downtown..big grandiose announcements then nothing for years.
This indicates the developers, both local don't know what they are doing or poor in evaluating markets and partners. Or maybe just maybe the developer is the problem.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:57 AM

410 posts, read 696,001 times
According to the article, Semblar was only doing 100 acres on the east side near Zierdt. When Breland bought the Integraph land on the west side near Wall Triana, I imagine the priority became that side of the development since utilities and the 565 interchange are already in place. It makes sense to develop the west side and let the new interchange be built and the Zierdt construction be completed before fully developing the east side.

So either Semblar did not want to be involved with something that is years down the road. Or Breland wanted a different developer that would now handle the entire project for many years. They're spending a lot of money to knock down the old Integraph buildings, so I assume it's still moving along fine. Hopefully taking a long time to plan and develop properly turns out to be a good thing.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:44 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,592,493 times
Town Madison seeks new retail developer; master plan expected soon | AL.com

Old 05-20-2016, 12:46 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,065 times
I have come to realize that even getting remotely exited about any new project, is a waste of time and energy It is better to just wait until opening day

Old 05-20-2016, 05:38 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
I have come to realize that even getting remotely exited about any new project, is a waste of time and energy It is better to just wait until opening day
You're right. I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but it seems rampant here. Bridge Street was announced several years before it was ever built ... so this one appears to be the same. There's an awful lot of work going on for it to go belly-up.

Pretty sure you live in Lake Forest ... and I'm in Edgewater. This will be some very convenient shopping, etc., for both of us. Might be testy getting home from work most days though, especially when it first opens. Of course, we all may have "flying cars" by then.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:28 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

Pretty sure you live in Lake Forest ... and I'm in Edgewater. This will be some very convenient shopping, etc., for both of us. Might be testy getting home from work most days though, especially when it first opens. Of course, we all may have "flying cars" by then.
I SO needed a good laugh today and the flying cars has me LOL here, and yes, location is correct

Old 05-27-2016, 05:16 PM

18 posts, read 125,025 times
To those living near Town Madison- Hi, I'm from out of town and haven't been able to 'see' the progress. As a potential buyer in the near future, should I be concerned about the development affecting house value in the Mountain Brook, Lake Forest and Edgewater communities? I'm leaning towards those places to live but I am wondering if the noise, buildings, parking lots, etc, will be visible from houses there. Will there be a significant tree line between? Will there be any kind of break, both visually and geographically, from the back of town madison to the backs of these neighborhoods? Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!!

Last edited by endrev334; 05-27-2016 at 06:34 PM..

Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 PM

18 posts, read 125,025 times
" in the Mountain Brook, Lake Forest and Edgewater communities"...

Sorry, I just meant the Mountain Brook and Edgewater, not Lake Forest..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area