Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:36 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,641 times

Advertisements

Interesting idea. IN the many natural and man made disasters over the decades the immediate loss of law and order was apparent and only the local ability to defend themselves prevented further injury or death.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:51 AM

582 posts, read 827,043 times
The nightclub did get rid of all guns, in accordance with state law. Hence, it was another "gun free zone" mass shooting.

And that's what you want for all America. That's pretty much the definition of "insanity" right there.

How about: "NO!!!" A much better idea is to get rid of all Muslim terrorists, that would actually accomplish shomething.

And let's hope this pic hurts your little beta-boy feelz:

Old 06-16-2016, 11:20 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
You would have a tough enough time ever getting all the guns from law abiding citizens. Which would be pointless because, well.....they are law abiding citizens who do not go commit mass shootings.

You would never, ever, ever take all the guns away from criminals or prevent nut jobs that want to shoot someone getting their hands on them. Look at Mexico for instance. They are completely banned there but yet the cartels have more guns than they know what to do with. Besides that, it isn't that difficult to make a gun yourself with access to some fairly basic machining tools. Heck inmates have made guns in jail and shot other inmates with them many times and that is as controlled an environment as you can get. lol

Old 06-16-2016, 01:12 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
...and knives, and hammers, and chainsaws, and matches, and batteries, and cars, and motorcycles, and ladders, and electricity, and all scary things. I mean, we gotta have a "safe space" here.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:16 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
No we need to get rid of crooked politicians who create insane laws and can't even do their basic jobs right.

The SHOOTER was REPORTED TO THE AUTHORITIES weeks before the massacre BY A GUN SHOP.

And just how do you suggest doing that?

Old 06-16-2016, 01:17 PM

301 posts, read 333,741 times
Ok you changed my mind. Keep AR 15s legal, and stop calling it full auto because it is semi auto.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:19 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacoolguy View Post
Ok you changed my mind. Keep AR 15s legal, and stop calling it full auto because it is semi auto.
AR15 is the most popular gun in America.

It has the lowest deaths.

It's a gun confiscation attempt by the administration.

So is no fly list. They'll put EVERYONE on it.

Try to not believe everything they tell you is an honest purpose.

Your arguments won't hold up if that's all ya got.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:25 PM

Nope Im with you guys now. I have decided to keep my AR 15 with my 3 30 rounds mags fully loaded at the ready.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:34 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,913,143 times
It's really media saturation and a conditioned social response that's fueling the gun violence today. Basically it's the acceptance of the use of gun violence to be the go to solution for people who are mentally unsound.

So until the nation launches a program to shift the way of thinking not much is going to change.

When you're talking crime and guns basically you've got two options that both work:

1. Be a Japan - Get rid of all of the guns to lower the overall crime and life lost due to shootings.

2. Be a Switzerland - Give everyone a gun and train them how to use it.

Anything else beyond the most basic of regulations is unnecessary. Anything beyond an all or nothing approach is likely to fail.

Personally I'm against guns (as I tend to creep around my own house and am thus more likely to get shot by a family member mistaking me for an intruder), but for gun ownership in general if that makes any sense.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
It's really media saturation and a conditioned social response that's fueling the gun violence today. Basically it's the acceptance of the use of gun violence to be the go to solution for people who are mentally unsound.

So until the nation launches a program to shift the way of thinking not much is going to change.

When you're talking crime and guns basically you've got two options that both work:

1. Be a Japan - Get rid of all of the guns to lower the overall crime and life lost due to shootings.

2. Be a Switzerland - Give everyone a gun and train them how to use it.

Anything else beyond the most basic of regulations is unnecessary. Anything beyond an all or nothing approach is likely to fail.

Personally I'm against guns (as I tend to creep around my own house and am thus more likely to get shot by a family member mistaking me for an intruder), but for gun ownership in general if that makes any sense.
Option 3. We ban terrorism. Make it against the law to kill people. And tell people they cannot bring fully auto assault rifles into clubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area