Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 12:45 PM

36 posts, read 40,013 times

Advertisements

So as I said in another thread, we are planning on moving to the area in March 17. As of right now, we are leaning towards Bob Jones HS (which this may change). As we prefer a new home, that pretty much only leaves Crown Point. What are your thought on the neighborhood and builder. Our price range is up to $500K, though we would prefer closer to $425K. We are planning on flying down soon to get a feel for the area, any areas to look into? I would be working at university square in Huntsville, so would like to keep my commute to 20 min or less....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 12:55 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,191,916 times
Crowne Point seems to have been built up pretty fast, but I believe there may still be a phase or two yet to open. I'm sure one of our resident Realtors will have more info. We briefly looked in there, but ultimately had Stoneridge build our home. I believe with your budget, you could easily build one of the most expensive houses in the neighborhood, which isn't always a good thing...

Old 08-06-2016, 06:05 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,240,126 times
Crown Pointe is a great neighborhood, and Jeff Benton Homes is a really good builder...but the next phase is going to be the smaller Kingsley homes that will go up to the mid $300's and I think this will be the last phase of that neighborhood, and the lots for the larger homes are almost gone and probably will be all gone by then if they keep on their pace.

I would look at Stoneridge...they are much more flexible with customizing a home and they have more options.

Watch for the "unassigned" neighborhoods where the school zoning has not yet been assigned by Madison city and probably won't be by next March either. Most are in Limestone County but Jeff Benton's new neighborhood Willow Creek off Browns Ferry by Millstone is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: