Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 02:16 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Doesn't make it right. Would you want someone cutting across your property because it was more convenient for them?
I don't have a paved parking lot and alleyway with multiple entrances and exits on my property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 04:49 PM

609 posts, read 528,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Doesn't make it right. Would you want someone cutting across your property because it was more convenient for them?

It's cheating is what it is.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:21 PM

53 posts, read 54,765 times
You're not supposed to go behind the businesses. I think you can turn in and go around the front of the businesses and then loop around and exit where you wanted. I read the signs to mean you can't just take a straight shot behind them.

Regarding the Lena Cain exit, yes, I think there should be a light. Traffic coming over that hill makes exiting Lena Cain northbound a bit dicey.

But I think they need to start stacking lights so if you catch one, that's all you'll catch. Easy enough with a fixed speed limit for the whole of CLR.

I guess I'll just watch this video and dream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yITr127KZtQ

Old 01-25-2018, 01:23 PM

53 posts, read 54,765 times
My real problem with growth is we're always following with infrastructure instead of getting ahead of it. The County Line exchange with 565 has been needed for years, and now that we finally have it, it's going to get absolutely destroyed by all the Toyota-Mazda traffic. It's going to be an absolute nightmare because we prepared for the traffic that is, not the traffic that will be.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsanders View Post
You're not supposed to go behind the businesses. I think you can turn in and go around the front of the businesses and then loop around and exit where you wanted. I read the signs to mean you can't just take a straight shot behind them.

Regarding the Lena Cain exit, yes, I think there should be a light. Traffic coming over that hill makes exiting Lena Cain northbound a bit dicey.

But I think they need to start stacking lights so if you catch one, that's all you'll catch. Easy enough with a fixed speed limit for the whole of CLR.

I guess I'll just watch this video and dream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yITr127KZtQ
Roundabouts are amazing, if they are constructed with a large enough diameter. The one behind Providence is way too small, so you basically have to treat it like a 4-way stop anyways. Cities in the US constructing roundabouts really should look at the size of them in Europe. The UAE also had extremely nice ones where traffic flowed quite efficiently.

The CLR exit at 565 is going to be a nightmare with the current design. It is going next to impossible for those exiting from 565 West who want to turn N on CLR to get over with more traffic exiting from 565 E. Such a stupid exit design...

Old 01-25-2018, 03:13 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Roundabouts are amazing, if they are constructed with a large enough diameter. The one behind Providence is way too small, so you basically have to treat it like a 4-way stop anyways. Cities in the US constructing roundabouts really should look at the size of them in Europe. The UAE also had extremely nice ones where traffic flowed quite efficiently.

The CLR exit at 565 is going to be a nightmare with the current design. It is going next to impossible for those exiting from 565 West who want to turn N on CLR to get over with more traffic exiting from 565 E. Such a stupid exit design...
Yes, the design is rather strange. And it's not like there wasn't plenty of room to make it correctly.

Traffic circles are great. You don't have to worry about getting tickets for "rolling stops", traffic flows much better, and there's room in the center to build something attractive.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:01 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,574,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Yes, the design is rather strange. And it's not like there wasn't plenty of room to make it correctly.

Traffic circles are great. You don't have to worry about getting tickets for "rolling stops", traffic flows much better, and there's room in the center to build something attractive.
if aldot can do it cheap and inefficient in the Huntsville area they will
Martin road overpass =stupid
merge lanes from Moores Mill to US -72, east and west = stupid

Old 01-30-2018, 06:43 PM

For everyone that needs their mall food court pizza fix, apparently the Sbarro in the new shopping center north of Bruster's is now open.

What's the over-under on how long they'll be open?

Old 01-30-2018, 07:47 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
For everyone that needs their mall food court pizza fix, apparently the Sbarro in the new shopping center north of Bruster's is now open.

What's the over-under on how long they'll be open?
I remember back in the past when a Sbarro slice was pretty good. I haven't had one in probably 10 years.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
I remember back in the past when a Sbarro slice was pretty good. I haven't had one in probably 10 years.
Me either...I'm half tempted to grab a slice for research purposes. I'll go in w/ pretty low expectations though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area