Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:23 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,563,336 times

Advertisements

I'll go with the already mentioned: CheeseCake Factory, Joe's Crab Shack, Dave & Busters. I just found out over the weekend that there is a PF Changs and a DSW Shoe Warehouse in Huntsville, which I did NOT know!

I would also like to see a Lebanese restaurant.

And how about a National Hockey team for Alabama!!!! I miss that Stanley Cup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 03:23 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,375,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieS View Post
I believe you are referring to Parkway Plaza Mall. I know it has a Pottery Barn.

Karen
Umm you both mean Parkway Place Mall formerly known as Parkway City mall until it was rebuilt in 2002.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:13 PM

871 posts, read 2,872,219 times
Second the motion on Cheesecake Factory. I asked Bridge Street folks when they were building, and they tried. Apparently the one in Birmingham is having financial issues and having problems staying full during the week - so they are hesitant to build one here.

Since we have expanded to restaurants, would also like a Fuddruckers.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,332,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahn View Post
Second the motion on Cheesecake Factory. I asked Bridge Street folks when they were building, and they tried. Apparently the one in Birmingham is having financial issues and having problems staying full during the week - so they are hesitant to build one here.

Fuddruckers...that would be super! Used to be one in B'ham...LOVE their h-burger with pico de gallo on top...ummmmmm.

Yes, it's Parkway Place. Anybody remember when it was Parkway City? BEFORE Pizitz built in the parking lot? Gee, I'm old!

Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 PM

410 posts, read 1,646,770 times
I think Fuddruckers would do extraordinarily well in Huntsville. But I'd really like Chipotle (even if they are owned by McDonalds) and/or a Baja Fresh and/or a La Salsa.

Parkway Place Mall, check. Should be easy to remember.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,375,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahn View Post

I'm really surprised the one in Birmingham is having financial issues considering when it first opened you had to make reservations weeks in advance to eat. Everytime I go there on weekend its really crowded, is part of it just bad management with the franchisee? I wonder how our restaurants in BridgeStreet are doing during the week. I know eating places here do really well during the week and anything with close proximity to Research park would do well during lunch too.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
I'm really surprised the one in Birmingham is having financial issues considering when it first opened you had to make reservations weeks in advance to eat. Everytime I go there on weekend its really crowded, is part of it just bad management with the franchisee? I wonder how our restaurants in BridgeStreet are doing during the week. I know eating places here do really well during the week and anything with close proximity to Research park would do well during lunch too.
Here is the reply from OSHoldings on March 5, 2007 when I asked...

"Thanks for the note XXXXXX! We also love Cheesecake Factory and will stay on them to do something in Huntsville. They are in Birmingham and their store at the Summit is not quite meeting expectations……so it does make it more difficult for them to think about going to a smaller market. We are in touch with them frequently!

Thanks for the interest! We can’t wait to get this project open. The interest on the part of the locals has been fantastic!!
Best regards,
YYYYYY"

Old 03-13-2008, 11:20 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,775,685 times
Crate and Barrel and Trader Joe's. I like to cook and I like to eat.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:44 AM

1,618 posts, read 4,764,785 times
Trader Joe's - for sure
Gameworks - I agree as well
Baja Fresh - This place rocks. Healthy choices, best take-out food, best Mexican food

Also, I'm not sure if there is already a store like this in Huntsville or not, but I'd love to see a good, classic game store. NOT video games. I'm talking, strategy games, roleplaying games, board games, war simulation games, chess sets, etc. You know the GOOD stuff, not just Monopoly and Candyland.

My first job in high school was at a store like this, and though I rarely have time to haunt a store like this anymore, we had one in my most recent city in California and it was such a great place. The owner had a strict policy - he did not carry ANY video games or games that used batteries (he had one exception - a strategy game that used a battery to power a small laser beam that was directed by strategically moving mirror pieces.) He even had a room in the back and ran an after school program for kids where his staff would teach them to sit down and play real games with dice and pieces and scorecards instead of with an XBOX or computer! He also allowed customers to rent games to try out, with the rental fee going towards purchase if they decided they liked the game.

I would just think that with all the geeks, engineers, military personnel, etc here, that a game store like this would be quite successful.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:33 AM

Default La Madeleine

We also would like to see a La Madeleine (la Madeleine French Bakery and Restaurant). It would be a hit in the Research Park area for lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area