Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 PM

168 posts, read 560,109 times

Advertisements

I want to offer my personal thanks to the Huntsville City Council for passing the resolution that changed the zoning for Merrimack Mill Village from R2 to R1B. This is a big milestone in the continuing effort to maintain the old mill village. Councilman Bill Kling has been mighty helpful and supportive of the Homeowner's Organization. In the past two years, we have been recognized as a National Historic Area, we have founded and supported a Neighborhood watch and we have organized and grown a Homeowner's Organization. We are working very hard to maintain the character that the mill workers and their families brought to this distinguished neighborhood. Jim Marek, President of the Organization, has been a great motivator in this process and my hat is off to him!

If you are looking for an historic home, closely located to Redstone Arsenal, Bridgestreet, Parkway Place and Downtown then drive through Merrimack Mill Village and give us a visit! When you come down to see a play, musical, dance performance or band at Merrimack Hall, take a couple minutes to tour the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 09:23 PM

889 posts, read 2,399,993 times
It has been very encouraging to observe the resurgence of the Merrimack Village area.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:35 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,971,937 times
Pardon my ignorance, but where is the Merrimack Village?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:22 AM

168 posts, read 560,109 times
The boundaries of the Village correspond to those structures built by the Merrimack Mill from 1900 to 1930. The modern-day village is south of Dunn (just south of Bob Wallace) and north of Drake Avenue. Generally, the east and west boundaries are Triana Boulevard and Clopton Street. There is a further westward expansion that lies south of Oak and runs to Grote. Houses known as part of Bosses Row and Cottage Row lie west of Triana and North of Drake. I don't know if this is exact but you get the basic layout.

I moved to Merrimack in May of 2008. I bought a 108-year-old house that will receive a lot of attention over the next 10 years. My wife and I love historic homes. We lived in Five Points for 10 years before moving. We have mature trees, developed infrastructure and a lot of kids in the neighborhood. We intend to raise our kids in the house and be there for a long time. We have neighbors who have lived in the Village for 80+ years. They are absolutely the greatest!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:57 PM

216 posts, read 581,022 times
Merrimack is incredible...it will be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area