Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 06:50 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Guess you have been out of pocket the last few months.

Very much so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 08:02 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
You must not be very familiar with Minor League Baseball. No worries, you will be soon!
I wish them all the best, but really.......the name is just so tacky....I like Panda but couldn't there have been something a bit more classy rather than "trashy", LOL, pun not intended but it works.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:41 PM

198 posts, read 250,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
That is a pretty gay looking logo to go along with a stupid team name.
Fact lol Like I said, good luck trying to rebrand Trash for 30 years. How can you make a positive Hashtag or a name for certain themed nights?? Hate to have that persons job lol

Old 10-30-2018, 05:25 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Merch is flying out the door
https://twitter.com/MiLBPromos/status/1057029959850643456/photo/1
In just an hour and a half time span Saturday night, for example, the team sold $40,000 worth of gear and people also launched a purchasing frenzy on the team’s official online store.
“As much as we sold Saturday night, we’ve had online orders that more than doubled it. So we’re very grateful,” Nelson stated. They’ve even received orders from 32 different countries. “As far away as Iceland, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong and Australia. Everybody wants Trash Panda stuff,” Ralph Nelson team owner added.
Signs with the logos went up at the team’s office on Monday on Madison Boulevard, overlooking the site of the new stadium being built off I-565

Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
Fact lol Like I said, good luck trying to rebrand Trash for 30 years. How can you make a positive Hashtag or a name for certain themed nights?? Hate to have that persons job lol

They bought the naming rights for the Huntsville Stars with the idea that they may have throwback games, possibly wearing the old Huntsville stars uniforms. Just conjecture at this point.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:53 AM

12,981 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
I think anything goes nowadays. I never dreamed about seeing the crazy football uniforms we see either (all black, reptilian, whatever), but they're the trend. Maybe "trend" means "trendy" and things will settle down to normalcy at some point.

Trash Pandas is really no worse than the Iron (new football league team in B'ham), and some of the other names we hear. We'll get used to the name, and it could have been a lot worse.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:44 PM

198 posts, read 250,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I think anything goes nowadays. I never dreamed about seeing the crazy football uniforms we see either (all black, reptilian, whatever), but they're the trend. Maybe "trend" means "trendy" and things will settle down to normalcy at some point.

Trash Pandas is really no worse than the Iron (new football league team in B'ham), and some of the other names we hear. We'll get used to the name, and it could have been a lot worse.
You can’t be serious lol Any name is better and more brandable. Pandas by itself would have been better but now they have to make up words with Trash in them and make it good enough to broadcast and print up. Let’s see #TalkingTrash won’t work....why not #PandaPower but wait it has to have Trash in it. That’s my point.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:00 AM

653 posts, read 589,427 times
Anybody have any insight into the Trash Pandas CEO and President Ralph Nelson departure?

https://whnt.com/news/questions-swir...ceo-departure/

As with most things in business; I think it has to be money related. At first I was greatly fearful that the lose of a baseball guy at the helm and then I realized the minor league baseball is more about the entertainment factor and marketing of the team and venue then the actual quality of the players on the field. I'm hopeful that the Trash Pandas are successful. I plan to attend games this summer if decent seats are available.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:18 AM

653 posts, read 589,427 times
Just saw this article too which lends a little more insight.

https://whnt.com/news/trash-pandas-d...city-for-2020/

Old 04-24-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
Anybody have any insight into the Trash Pandas CEO and President Ralph Nelson departure?

https://whnt.com/news/questions-swir...ceo-departure/

As with most things in business; I think it has to be money related. At first I was greatly fearful that the lose of a baseball guy at the helm and then I realized the minor league baseball is more about the entertainment factor and marketing of the team and venue then the actual quality of the players on the field. I'm hopeful that the Trash Pandas are successful. I plan to attend games this summer if decent seats are available.
They will be very successful and from all indication a very well organized and run team. Nelsons departure should have very little impact. The biggest issue is the interchange fiasco between aldont and Breland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area