Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 01:22 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieJJones View Post
HC still has a lot of building going on. New construction is everywhere you turn.
This was very good information.

What kind of construction are you referring to in HC area? Retail? Homes? Commercial? Industrial? Where are the main zones? If homes, are they part of HC? What streets/neighborhoods?

I'm still looking for a Hampton Cove neighborhood map too.

What is planned for Andrew Road up and north from Caldwell Lane?

What parts (residential) of HC are still expanding?

Is it possible (on the internet I couldn't find one) to get a HC Master Plan map or layout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
The Madison area has more of a suburban feel. Pretty flat but convenient to just about everything. Hampton Cove is a little farther out in the sense that you do have to commute over the mountain ( it's not far though ) to get to everything in Hsv. In the Hampton Cove area, it kind of gives me the feeling of being a little more secluded. I don't live there but have been over there many times.

As far as the whole Hampton Cove area, yes I don't think anything can touch it around here. As far as competition for the luxury homes in HC, you have Clift's Cove in Madison, The Ledges in Jones Valley, and Lake Forest off of Zierdt Rd. ( it is considered Hsv but very close to Madison ) There are more but those are some of the bigger name ones.
Thank You. That is what I thought but I wasn't sure.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:07 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Doubt you'd want to look at Decatur.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Doubt you'd want to look at Decatur.
Seems a little longer to drive. Any suggestions though?

Old 04-05-2008, 06:02 PM

280 posts, read 686,590 times
Default Hampton Cove

Charles:

Try visiting Hampton Cove Owners' Association - Home, that is the official site of the community. When people say Hampton Cove now they are sometimes referring to the general area on the other side of the mountain. Not all of the homes in the Hampton Cove school district are in the HC HOA. I guess I'm not sure if you specifically want to be a part of "HC", or live in that general area. If you are a member of the HOA you can choose to get a membership to the Hampton House and obviously would be governed by their covenants and restrictions. Not sure what price range you are considering but there is still new building going on in Flint Mill, Cobblestone Cove, Twelvestones and some back in the original part of HC. All the way down at the end of old 431 you will find McMullen Cove, different HOA, but VERY exclusive. (Big price tags) There are lovely homes in HC that are not new construction, but they are very well maintained and updated. There is a lot to be said for communities that enforce covenants and restrictions, the older homes in HC are beautiful and you get the mature landscaping. The other option is the other side of 431 (Taylor Road and Old Big Cove Rd) area. Only a mile or 2 from the original HC, you get all of the benefits except the HOA. HCE school (for now, they will be getting there own brand new school soon), golf course, same proximity to shopping etc... Some of the new neighborhoods over there include Highland Park, Clearwater, Southgate, Hampton Ridge and Saddle Ridge. There has been developing going on at the top of Saddle Ridge Dr and those are supposed to be very exclusive homes, I believe it will be a gated community. I also know that HPH Properties out of B-Ham purchased property somewhere near Cobblestone Cove or McMullen Cove and they should be getting that under way soon.
Hope this helps!
Melanie

Old 04-05-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieJJones View Post
Charles:

Try visiting Hampton Cove Owners' Association - Home, that is the official site of the community. ....
If you are a member of the HOA you can choose to get a membership to the Hampton House and obviously would be governed by their covenants and restrictions.
Thank You again. Yes, we've visited the HCOA website. I've dowloaded the covenenants, the Heron newsletter, and the HOA board meeting minutes. We've also checked out the little HC movie on the HC welcome page.

Unfortunately the Hampton House has a useless web page; We tried calling there today - no answer.

Hampton House

There's a neat little movie on HCES here:

Hampton Cove Elementary

As well as movies on BJHS and HHS here:

http://www.hsv.k12.al.us/dept/etv/Sc...os/Grissom.wmv

http://www.hsv.k12.al.us/dept/etv/Sc...ville_High.wmv

Old 04-05-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

The focus of this thread What we're looking are responses that something like "They're going to build..." or "They're building..."; Where and when might the following being built:

New High Schools (and middle and elementary if possible, figuring HS plans would be more well known/rumored - specifically to relieve the burden on HHS and VGHS;; For example, the kids from Hampton Cove attend distant HHS rather than the closer VGHS.)
Huntsville to spend nearly $100M to build, update- al.com

Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM

Cool tool showing development on a Google Map:

Huntsville Development, Google Maps

Old 04-07-2008, 06:16 PM

410 posts, read 1,653,685 times
Great find, Charles.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:37 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,867,377 times
Damn, that map no longer works. I found it in my earlier searching and wanted to take another look and poof - its gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area