Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:35 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,288,355 times

Advertisements

Mostly depends on the price you want to pay, but most of the hotels are on hwy 72 west between h'ville and madison. The Embassy Suites is H'ville's newest and nicest. It is close to the VBCC and downtown, but easy drive to NASA Space Center, Marshall, and Redstone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 05:10 PM

216 posts, read 580,664 times
Highly, Highly recommend Homewood Suites at the Village of Providence. We actually lived there for a month while relocating! The staff is wonderful, and they have a cocktail hour/dinner that is complimentary every night, and great breakfast every morning....my husband particularly enjoyed the big flat screen tv in our room!

Old 12-30-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjoe View Post
Appreciate any by word of mouth suggestions on a safe area where you can stay while in Huntsville for a few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
All of the above, plus anything named Marriott.

Almost all hotels in HSV are safe, but I would stay away from hotels on the Parkway (except Radisson) or on University between the Parkway and Sparkman, because they're not as nice (transients, drugs, prostitutes).

We stayed at the Marriot for 10 days on our house hunting trip...would not recommend. I had a couple of items stolen (we think housekeeping?) and they found a loaded 35 under our mattress that we had been sleeping on for several days! Our room had to be reclean upon our arrival, the tub/shower was still dirty (I won't tell you what we found..yuck!). For the price the Homewood Suites blows them away. It was comparable per night than most other hotels, and it is soo nice! I have recommended it to several clients and they all have been more than impressed.

I also would NOT stay at that Holiday Inn at Madison Square....I have heard of some scary stuff there, and actually had a client check out after one night and move to another hotel.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:40 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,702 times
I stayed in the Westin at Bridge Street and the room was great. And convenient to everything.

I have been to the Embassy Suites on more than a few occasions, and really like it, but have never stayed there overnight so I don't have first hand knowledge of how the rooms are. If you are looking for things to do I would say go to the Westin or Homewood Suites before the Embassy Suites though.

I have had a good amount of clients stay at the Homewood Suites and have really liked it there. It has a good location right there in Providence.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:46 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
For some odd reason the Marriott itself (and the Embassy Suites and probably the Hilton) does not provide free internet like their one notch down associates: Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, Courtyard, Hampton Inn, etc.

In my hierarchy of needs it's: high speed internet, air, water, food, shelter, ....
Neither does Emabassy Suites.

Try the Best Western. Reasonable prices and free high speed internet.

Another interesting one, the Four Points hotel located on the Huntsville airport terminal building. It's clean, free high speed internet, and upscale for a reasonable price. It's right above the terminal and only hotel keys can access the elevator. It's actually pretty quiet considering the airport.

Of course, the Marriot on tranquility drive is excellent.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonmamma View Post
We stayed at the Marriot for 10 days on our house hunting trip...would not recommend. I had a couple of items stolen (we think housekeeping?) and they found a loaded 35 under our mattress that we had been sleeping on for several days! Our room had to be reclean upon our arrival, the tub/shower was still dirty (I won't tell you what we found..yuck!).
Which Marriot did you stay at? BIG difference between the "Courtyard by Marriot" or the Marriot on tranquility drive.

A loaded "35" ??? Is that a gun? Never heard of a "35", a "25" maybe, a "38" ok, a "357" oh yeah, a "45" fer sure

Old 12-31-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Which Marriot did you stay at? BIG difference between the "Courtyard by Marriot" or the Marriot on tranquility drive.

A loaded "35" ??? Is that a gun? Never heard of a "35", a "25" maybe, a "38" ok, a "357" oh yeah, a "45" fer sure

Maybe not a 35??? Some type of handgun. Sorry, not quite knowledgeable about firearms! It was a gun, small, and had bullets, that was all I needed to know

Ok....asked hubby, he said it was a .38. I was close

We stayed at the Marriot on Tranquility, not the Courtyard.

Someone else pointed out about the high speed...that was another negative. You have to pay 10.00 for 2 days (I think) of crappy service. NOT high speed, for sure. Very hard to get connected and always getting booted off. Homewood Suites offers free WiFi.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonmamma View Post

Ok....asked hubby, he said it was a .38. I was close
Yeah, not bad. Only miss by 3

Old 12-31-2008, 02:11 PM

And the "."

Apparently that has some meaning...according to hubby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area