Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 02:19 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Come on, you know who failed....It was President Trump, because he didn't take any positive action BEFORE anybody knew anything about the virus in the first place.

Yes, this is a failed post...^^^^

He called for a travel ban/restriction in January and on Feb 5th chuck shumer called him a racist for that...and then it was also stated that because he called it the china virus (or something other than the corona virus) that it was xenophobic....so, maybe get your fact straight before posting...

And people may not like this....and I'm not saying it was the overall problem....but that pesky little impeachment thingy was going on in January....

ETA Below...

Quote:
Apparently your "sarcasm meter" isn't working today.....

Those little things to the right, when you post....you know "smilies"....use them next time....it'll help out on your post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 02:25 PM

And damn folks...I literally just went to a dollar store, wallgreens, Kroger, lowes (yes lowes does carry things like TP) and finally to another dollar store to finally find TP....and the only reason I think I found it, was because they were just taking it out of the box and putting it on the shelf....

And no, I took 2 pack so others could have some.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:50 PM

162 posts, read 179,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And damn folks...I literally just went to a dollar store, wallgreens, Kroger, lowes (yes lowes does carry things like TP) and finally to another dollar store to finally find TP....and the only reason I think I found it, was because they were just taking it out of the box and putting it on the shelf....

Really tells you something about people

Old 03-21-2020, 05:21 PM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:

Give it a week and it should be a little more back to normal. After having been in your shoes for the last 2 weeks - I'm in NY - a tip would be to look at the small gas stations with a minimart when the grocery stores are out of things like milk. Also don't wait to get supplies in case you get a cold or this flu. Many people are grabbing the TP and PT but aren't grabbing cough syrup - only pick up Tylenol though as there seems to be a debate on whether anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen make it worse.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Give it a week and it should be a little more back to normal. After having been in your shoes for the last 2 weeks - I'm in NY - a tip would be to look at the small gas stations with a minimart when the grocery stores are out of things like milk. Also don't wait to get supplies in case you get a cold or this flu. Many people are grabbing the TP and PT but aren't grabbing cough syrup - only pick up Tylenol though as there seems to be a debate on whether anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen make it worse.
We can only hope.

The rest of your post, are you directing that at me?

Old 03-22-2020, 10:26 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
You are correct, must be my allergies
Cheers!

..........and stay healthy.

Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Yes, this is a failed post...^^^^

He called for a travel ban/restriction in January and on Feb 5th chuck shumer called him a racist for that...and then it was also stated that because he called it the china virus (or something other than the corona virus) that it was xenophobic....so, maybe get your fact straight before posting...
How ironic that you would tell someone to get their facts straight when you (as is usually the case with you) have no clue what you're talking about.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...icizing-trump/

Why is it that almost everything you're mad about usually turns out to not even be true?

Old 03-26-2020, 11:12 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
How ironic that you would tell someone to get their facts straight when you (as is usually the case with you) have no clue what you're talking about.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...icizing-trump/

Why is it that almost everything you're mad about usually turns out to not even be true?
Oops!!

Oh, well.

Why let a little thing like truth get in the way of an opportunity to display indignance and outrage?

Old 03-26-2020, 02:31 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Apparently your "sarcasm meter" isn't working today.....
I knew you were being sarcastic from earlier posts, plus it just seemed obvious to me, but on our sports boards we follow a sarcastic post with ** (asterisks), but I don't know if that would ever catch on or even be understood here.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:37 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Just saw where Madison County cases are at 39, Limestone at 11, and Morgan County 9. So 59 cases in the metro.

That pales in comparison to Jefferson with 148 and Shelby at 52. 200 cases in the immediate B'ham area.

Something over 500 total in Alabama this afternoon. Not sure if we're just catching up with test results, or the number of infected is rising on a fairly steep curve.

Also, Redstone Arsenal has upped the security level to Charlie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area