Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 11:08 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,568,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I believe HH got additional vaccine shipments for the upcoming week. Apparently they aren't given much lead time for knowing when supplies will be arriving. That said, I still haven't gotten a call.
When I signed up on January 30 I urged my wife to sign up also but she declined. When I got the call for an appointment I was asked if anyone else in my household was eligible. I said my wife was and paused to tell my wife she could still get a vaccination if she wanted to. She again declined. The next day my wife came to me and said she changed her mind and wanted to get a vaccination after all. I signed her up on the HH website. I then told her she missed her chance and probably would not be called until mid March at the earliest. That was because there were 40,000 people ahead of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 01:53 PM

12,591 posts, read 9,097,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
When I signed up on January 30 I urged my wife to sign up also but she declined. When I got the call for an appointment I was asked if anyone else in my household was eligible. I said my wife was and paused to tell my wife she could still get a vaccination if she wanted to. She again declined. The next day my wife came to me and said she changed her mind and wanted to get a vaccination after all. I signed her up on the HH website. I then told her she missed her chance and probably would not be called until mid March at the earliest. That was because there were 40,000 people ahead of her.
Wish there was some way we could check the HH website and be able to tell where we are in the queue. That should be easy enough to do give everything is computer based nowadays.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Wish there was some way we could check the HH website and be able to tell where we are in the queue. That should be easy enough to do give everything is computer based nowadays.
With a backlog of 40000 people I bet a lot of people want to know when they will get their vaccination also. With the "scheduling problem" they had last week they probably are not going to say exactly how they are making scheduling decisions to prevent any further hard feelings.

I doubt anyone will stick their neck out and make any predictions very far ahead. I think they initially had a goal of 1800 vaccinations per day. On Monday February 8 they only vaccinated 1700 people. Also they have no guarantee how often and how many doses they get from one week to the next.

Another factor that will affect scheduling is the weather. What I don't understand is how they are moving Mondays appointments at the Community Vaccination Clinic to Wednesday. Weren't there already appointments scheduled for Wednesday? My appointment is for Tuesday. I will have to keep checking back tomorrow to see if Tuesday is still on.

Quote:
Due to the predicted inclement weather, the Community Vaccination Clinic is closed on Monday, Feb. 15. All appointments scheduled for Monday, Feb. 15, are rescheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 17, at the same time. There is no need to call the hospital to reschedule.
Huntsville Hospital’s Community Vaccination Clinic in John Hunt Park
https://www.huntsvillehospital.org/covid-19-vaccination

Old 02-14-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
With a backlog of 40000 people I bet a lot of people want to know when they will get their vaccination also. With the "scheduling problem" they had last week they probably are not going to say exactly how they are making scheduling decisions to prevent any further hard feelings.

I doubt anyone will stick their neck out and make any predictions very far ahead. I think they initially had a goal of 1800 vaccinations per day. On Monday February 8 they only vaccinated 1700 people. Also they have no guarantee how often and how many doses they get from one week to the next.

Another factor that will affect scheduling is the weather. What I don't understand is how they are moving Mondays appointments at the Community Vaccination Clinic to Wednesday. Weren't there already appointments scheduled for Wednesday? My appointment is for Tuesday. I will have to keep checking back tomorrow to see if Tuesday is still on.

Huntsville Hospital’s Community Vaccination Clinic in John Hunt Park
https://www.huntsvillehospital.org/covid-19-vaccination
They don't have to say when - just where you stand in the line to be called so you're not sitting around waiting on the phone to ring. Or maybe they're just picking people at random? I certainly understand the vaccine availability issue and the inability to predict when it arrives.

Good question about Wednesday scheduling conflicts. I'm sure they're facing a nightmare down there, and probably some folks that aren't registered walking in and demading service. Who knows.

What happened last week? Haven't heard about that, but then I rarely watch the local news. When I get called and scheduled, I plan to take a good book with me just in case the appointment times aren't all that accurate, like they seem to be at most doctors' offices.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
The locations in this table are all the providers in Alabama who are administering COVID-19 vaccines at this time.
COVID-19 in Alabama Clinics
https://dph1.adph.state.al.us/covid-19/

I downloaded this and used Excel to filter the data. Here are some examples:

Old 02-15-2021, 09:42 AM

Today is an iffy travel day in the Huntsville area - temperature is right at freezing and varies a bit depending on where you are. Tomorrow has potential to be much worse for travel - in my opinion. The frigid air appears to finally be moving east a little. There may not be too many vaccinations given this week at John Hunt.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Today is an iffy travel day in the Huntsville area - temperature is right at freezing and varies a bit depending on where you are. Tomorrow has potential to be much worse for travel - in my opinion. The frigid air appears to finally be moving east a little. There may not be too many vaccinations given this week at John Hunt.
I grew up in northern Illinois so snow and ice are not unfamiliar to me. I will do my best to make it over to John Hunt park tomorrow at 10am. I just hope somebody is there to give vaccinations.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:18 PM

632 posts, read 678,536 times
Quote:
I grew up in northern Illinois so snow and ice are not unfamiliar to me. I will do my best to make it over to John Hunt park tomorrow at 10am. I just hope somebody is there to give vaccinations.

It's already handled for you. Looks like tomorrow's appointments will move to Wednesday.

https://whnt.com/news/athens-limesto...ling-patients/

Old 02-15-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
One of my golf buddies told me that his daughter got her shot today at John Hunt - even though the website and other announcements say they are closed. And she's far short of 65 years old. So - my wife and I drove down there and the place is a madhouse - cars lined up for long way. And the portable sign says "No Vaccines", along with quite a few police cars not allowing anyone in the parking lot.

Huntsville Hospital is not handling this well at all. I'm beginning to wonder if it's like several other things here, that you have to "know somebody" to get any sort of service.

Good luck tomorrow. Based on the logistics at John Hunt, I'd advise getting there well before your appointment time.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
It's already handled for you. Looks like tomorrow's appointments will move to Wednesday.

https://whnt.com/news/athens-limesto...ling-patients/
Like I just posted, they were giving shots today at John Hunt even though they were supposed to be closed. Might be the same way tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area