Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2021, 08:46 PM

146 posts, read 161,377 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where I can rent a dump truck to remove dirt from my back yard? Building a pool and the contractor is out of Bham and seems to be having trouble finding someone to haul the dirt away. All I need is a truck, I have a place to put the dirt, and he's left his bobcat here for the time being.

Probably only able to use a single axle truck due to the reach of the bobcat.

I'm in Madison.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 06:54 AM

52 posts, read 59,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmoyne View Post
Building a pool and the contractor is out of Bham

I'm in Madison.

Thanks.
Would you please share who's building your pool? We're having a house built in Madison and are having a terrible time finding a good pool builder who will take on new projects. I even paid a nonrefundable deposit to be placed on a waiting list to get a contract for a pool that likely won't be built for a year or longer.

Our builder would be happy to handle the dirt relocation if it meant we could move ahead with the pool.

Thanks!

Old 07-27-2021, 10:55 AM

146 posts, read 161,377 times
I'll ask him, but I doubt it. He lives in Trussville and I think he's a bit tired of the travelling.

What kind of pool do you want? Liner / Gunnite , how big???

I'll let you know.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:30 PM

52 posts, read 59,870 times
I originally wanted fiberglass as we were very happy with one we had at a previous house. Both very young and very old skin seems to do better with that smooth finish, especially when you stay in the water long enough to get pruney.

Now we're looking at gunite because the fiberglass pool companies are so backlogged. Our current home has a gunite pool with hydrazzo finish, and I wouldn't mind doing something similar again.

As far as size, at least 16 ft. wide and 40 ft. long plus a large shelf or ledge where we could play with our little grandchild (and any future grandchildren.) My husband was an avid swimmer and wants to resume regular swimming in retirement. He'd love a pool that's 50 ft. plus the wide shelf. We'd like to have a SWG system again and a gas heater. The pool doesn't need to be deep; between 5 and 6 ft. would be fine and easier to maintain.

Hope your build is going well. You're fortunate to have found a company to do it, even though they're traveling from Trussville. Maybe they'll be motivated to wrap it up soon.

Old 07-27-2021, 11:03 PM

21 posts, read 15,819 times
When I was having driveway work done and had a pile of dirt in my front lawn I had to fight people off volunteering "to haul it off for no charge!"

Heck no! I kept my dirt and used all of it on low spots in the lawn.

Old 09-27-2021, 01:20 PM

614 posts, read 766,320 times
Try asking at Harvest Feed Mill. They have a dump truck to deliver dirt and mulch but they also hire out to do most any other thing that pays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: