Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 04:59 AM

130 posts, read 105,901 times

Advertisements

I have this incredible ability to see trends and recognize patterns that most of the locals here would never be able to but I wanted to shared this with you. If you don't agree, feel free to express your thoughts- I don't mind criticism as long as you can back it up with facts and data. The way I see this area in 2030:

• Average home price will be 600K which will price most natives out of the housing market. I had heard $1 million but I think that is unrealistic. Matt Curtis said 600K if I am not mistaken and I am going with his prediction- If you don't buy a house by next year, you may never be able to.
  • Natives of this area making average incomes will become the "underclass" unless you get an education and go work in some STEM field. I anticipate the minimum income for a couple with no kids to live in this area comfortably by 2030 to be 200K or more.
  • As home prices appreciate, I anticipate property taxes to double by 2030- there is no other way to keep up with the infrastructure that will be required with all the growth that is to come.
  • The Collins will become the "standard" for new apartment complexes in this area- 1 bedroom here goes for about $1350. Mostly out of reach for a native person making an average income. I can say with absolutely certainty that 90% of people living in this apartment complex are not natives to this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 09:44 AM

294 posts, read 235,606 times
Let me warn you from experience... shoulder surgery has a very painful recovery. I worry for you that you will injure yours from patting yourself on the back so hard.

As far as prices, those are just predictions, no one knows for sure. I am not sure that predictions from a real estate agent wanting to sell houses NOW is the best source for info. But it could be absolutely correct.

I am not sure why you are so down on the natives. You have been told repeatedly your biased feelings are not appreciated, and most normal people don't go out of their way to be insulting, unless they feel inferior for some reason. But this native has a master's in Engineering, my wife (a native) has a BSE, two of my close friends I grew up with have BSE's... not sure why you think no one around here does, just look at our STEM educational institutions.

I would agree that 90% of the folks in Collins are not natives... the natives own houses, they don't need apartments. And I certainly don't need one that is the same as my house payment was, that just doesn't make financial sense.

Old 09-20-2022, 09:45 AM

146 posts, read 152,315 times
That's what fast growth gets you.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:41 AM

1,017 posts, read 639,673 times
The year is 2030.

Huntsville will have surpassed Tokyo three-fold and become the world's most populous city, yet is still only served by a 6-lane 565.

The Trash Pandas been kicked up to the majors and have just completed a three peat of the World Series.

Average price of a 500sq ft tiny house is 2.5M. Most enlightened people will live in Jetson style sky domes instead to escape the Mad Max style hellscape created by "the natives" who toil on the surface down below.

Town Madison is still not complete.

Old 09-20-2022, 12:05 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
The year is 2030.

Huntsville will have surpassed Tokyo three-fold and become the world's most populous city, yet is still only served by a 6-lane 565.

The Trash Pandas been kicked up to the majors and have just completed a three peat of the World Series.

Average price of a 500sq ft tiny house is 2.5M. Most enlightened people will live in Jetson style sky domes instead to escape the Mad Max style hellscape created by "the natives" who toil on the surface down below.

Town Madison is still not complete.
Thank you! Stress-relief of the Day!!!

Old 09-20-2022, 12:09 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
An then there will be Tina Turner!

Old 09-20-2022, 12:14 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVAeroEngineer View Post
I have this incredible ability to see trends and recognize patterns that most of the locals here would never be able to but I wanted to shared this with you. If you don't agree, feel free to express your thoughts- I don't mind criticism as long as you can back it up with facts and data. The way I see this area in 2030:
It's a good thing that I have tissues handy, I spilled coffee all over my computer screen

Quote:
  • Average home price will be 600K which will price most natives out of the housing market. I had heard $1 million but I think that is unrealistic. Matt Curtis said 600K if I am not mistaken and I am going with his prediction- If you don't buy a house by next year, you may never be able to.
I am surprised that you as an Engineer who FAILED to provide a reference in predicting a future appreciation. As compared to what? If compared to $500K, that's only a 20% appreciation in the next 8 years. Believable?

Quote:
  • Natives of this area making average incomes will become the "underclass" unless you get an education and go work in some STEM field. I anticipate the minimum income for a couple with no kids to live in this area comfortably by 2030 to be 200K or more.
You'd be surprised what the "natives" make by running a gas station, a pub, a restaurant, or a microbrewery. How about the "natives" with business/ accounting degrees that work in one of several hundred NASA & Defense contractors? Many of them become CEO, CFO and make several times of your salary.

Quote:
  • As home prices appreciate, I anticipate property taxes to double by 2030- there is no other way to keep up with the infrastructure that will be required with all the growth that is to come.
Property tax is a % of assessed value. I recalled the Huntsville still enjoy a low property tax rate, 0.5% compared to the California 2% at a much higher (such as 4X) purchased price.

Old 09-20-2022, 12:42 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
The "natives" will presevere and be it simply by having the financial and political power.

It is foot ball season - no improvement suggestions?

Old 09-20-2022, 01:34 PM

458 posts, read 617,203 times
Didn't we figure out that OP is actually a student at UAH? And didn't he say he was done trolling this forum? Guess he's a liar in more ways than one.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:50 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,216,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTails View Post
Didn't we figure out that OP is actually a student at UAH? And didn't he say he was done trolling this forum? Guess he's a liar in more ways than one.
I wouldn't sully UAH with that notion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area