Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:08 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,672,217 times

Advertisements

In reality, I think we have found the addresses about 80% of the time using other databases in conjunction with valleymls. For example

google 264566 hampton cove and you the address here

Property Details for 3201 Wellstone Lane, Hampton Cove, AL, 35763
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 05:42 PM

262 posts, read 792,905 times
I just email the realtor listed and ask for the MLS sheet. The address is on there. Of course, after the first 50 times I email someone, I'm sure they think I'm a pest...LOL But, if the info is not given on the database, I will not look at the property until I know the address.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:57 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,580,940 times
The easiest way for me to combat that address trick was to click on the schools that the house was zoned for. They list the elementary, middle school and HS your child(ren)will go to if you buy there. Then I went online and researched the schools. And I got this forum to help me as well. It's been a LIFE SAVER!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:37 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,672,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flstatenolefan View Post
I just email the realtor ...
That's what I want to avoid.

It seems for every question I ask, they have four or five questions for me "What's your name?", "What's your phone number?", "When are you going to buy?", "How much do you want to spend?", etc.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:33 AM

262 posts, read 792,905 times
I've never had one email with questions...only the MLS sheet.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:29 PM

262 posts, read 780,733 times
It is a common in the industry, it is an early attempt to limit information and therefore increase control. I have seen this in other parts of the nation. The resentment Zenjenn mentions is all too common. Many are turning to commission concession (google real estate rebates for info) as a way to get something for their frustrations.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:51 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,158,555 times
Please do not turn this into another realtor debate. this is not the forum to discuss realtors.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:05 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,863,922 times
I simply wouldn't have a realtor who wasn't openly sharing information. I don't get a realtor to find out addresses.

I have no use for a realtor who wastes my time and their own by forcing me to come to them for an address. I'm going to remember what a pain in the butt they made my search.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 AM

46 posts, read 252,485 times
I have yet to ever email a single realtor in this town and have them email me back in response. If I do not call, I never hear from them. Those get immediately crossed off my list, as we have reached the electronic age (at least some of us, apparently not many realtors in the Huntsville area!).

Old 07-17-2008, 11:24 AM

482 posts, read 989,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypeep View Post
I have yet to ever email a single realtor in this town and have them email me back in response. If I do not call, I never hear from them. Those get immediately crossed off my list, as we have reached the electronic age (at least some of us, apparently not many realtors in the Huntsville area!).
Yeah, there's a couple of reasons why. Some Realtors, like you said, still kind of work in the Stone Age. The ones that are Internet savvy don't like to return emails (don't get me wrong, some do) because the percentage of people who do business with you vs. the number of people that send emails is really low, and it can be very time consuming. Now, this logic doesn't make much sense because the more people you talk to, the better chance you have of doing business with them

Personally, I respond to every email. BUT, I end up spending an hour or more a day returning emails. I usually receive over 100 emails a day (only somewhere around 15-30 of them are first-time correspondence from a potential buyer, 5 are potential business deals, 10 are replies to emails from previous days, and the rest are people trying to get my site higher on the search engines or show me this new Realtor technology, etc.). My averages equate to something like this: I have to respond to around 300 emails before one turns into a sale. A lot of Realtors don't have the patience to do that.

It's kind of like blogging. The average Realtor gives up blogging in three months because they don't see a return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area