Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 04:34 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonmamma View Post
Birmingham has some great Chinese restaurants...my all time fav was Joy Young. Maybe that is what is wrong, I just can't find anything that will stand up to Joy Young!
You do know that Joy Young is long gone, right? I'll never find another Chinese place again where you can order chocolate milk with your chow mein...
What are some good ones in the 'ham? I agree...we used to have some good Chinese places, but when they all went buffet...and then Hispanics started cooking the food...seems like everything went downhill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 05:49 PM

216 posts, read 580,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
You do know that Joy Young is long gone, right? I'll never find another Chinese place again where you can order chocolate milk with your chow mein...
What are some good ones in the 'ham? I agree...we used to have some good Chinese places, but when they all went buffet...and then Hispanics started cooking the food...seems like everything went downhill.
I know, I loved Joy Young. I was devestated! That was a Birmingham landmark!!! How could they close? My all time favorite!!!!!

Some I really like...

Formosa in Hoover (yummmmmm)
Golden City on 280 (I guess it is still there?)

There used to be a fabulous one just up the road from Century Plaza in that big shopping center up the hill, with the Home Depot and Stein Mart in it. I can't remember the name, but it was great! There was also one at the backside of Century Plaza that was really good, but I don't know if it is still there either.

Still, none as good as Joy Young.....

Old 02-10-2009, 06:45 AM

339 posts, read 628,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamachic80 View Post
It's called China Buffet I believe. It's just after the KFC, same side of the road before you get to Old Time Pottery.
That's on Madison Blvd (Hwy 20), not US 72. Not sure if that's what the OP meant or not. I know there's a King Buffet in the Publix shopping center at the Hughes Rd/72 intersection in Madison. I would avoid that one.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:07 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,095,181 times
i think King was pretty good for us on Christmas Day.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:35 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Went to Jason's Deli on airport road yesterday for lunch. I had a corn beef & pastrami sandwich. They give you probably 1 lb full of meat, thick & stacked high This place is closest to the jewish deli (like Jerry's Deli) that I missed from So Cal.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:10 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
I've been to Cheeburger Cheeburger before, and it is pretty good! They different kinds of milkshakes are pretty cool. I tried a snicker milkshake, and it was pretty good! It sounded a little disguisting, but boy I was fooled!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:47 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
They give you probably 1 lb full of meat, thick & stacked high
This high?

For an extra $0.50, maybe they'd stick a few Lipitor in it for me.

(images not protected by copyright)

Your artery
http://www.medtronic.co.uk/UK/images/endeavor/ta_1_2b.jpg (broken link)

Your artery on cheeburgers
http://www.medtronic.co.uk/UK/images/endeavor/ta_1_2c.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Your artery on cheeburgers
That explains the warm, fuzzy, satisfying feeling I felt after a cheeseburger! Next time I'll just try intravenous FAT injection !

Old 02-11-2009, 11:24 AM

216 posts, read 580,388 times
Default Village Pizza

Ok, after many, many people recommended Village Pizza I decided to check it out....and can I say YUMMMMMMM!

The BEST I have had here so far! The pizza was FANTASTIC! And, I was most impressed with their health rating of 99.

So, to all who posted about Village, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 AM

172 posts, read 609,240 times
Don't know if this was mentioned, but we like the Olde Heidleberg on University in the shopping mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area