Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 07:28 AM

433 posts, read 1,769,248 times

Advertisements

Someone told me that when Mill Creek elementary is finished it may be annexed to Huntsville city schools. Has anyone else heard this? When will we know the new boundaries for that school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 08:13 AM

1,645 posts, read 4,584,860 times
I guess I would contact the school board/superintendent/supervisors and ask. That would be the easiest way to find out. Where is it going to be located?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 AM

426 posts, read 1,272,214 times
There is probably no way for Huntsville to annex part of Madison and "take away" Mill Creek Elementary. My thought is that the land/buldings in that area would have to be de-annexed from Madison back into the county and then annexed by Huntsville. Plus it would have to be on land that was adjacent to Huntsville city limits in the first place (I don't know if it is). Remember what happened when Louis Breland tried to deannex his land near Zierdt Road from Madison using the shady deal with the AL state legislature? That didn't go anywhere. Madison leaders threw a fit.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:12 AM

It doesn't make sense to me but I'm not from around here. Mill Creek Elem. is on Mill rd. west of Wall-Triana. It really isn't that far from County Line rd..

Old 08-06-2008, 10:16 AM

Another thing-Mill Creek is on the Madison City schools website so I figure that means it will be part of Madison City schools. Right?

Old 08-06-2008, 10:27 AM

426 posts, read 1,272,214 times
Okay--yes. Mill Creek Elementary is slated to be the newest of the Madison City Schools. That location (West of Wall Triana yet East of County Line Road) means that it is essentially in the middle of Madison. I would say no annexation potential from Huntsville.

Old 08-11-2008, 04:15 PM

39 posts, read 111,379 times
I don't think Mill Creek will be annexed, and I am certainly not naive to the possibility. (I am looking out at my window-I live off of Zierdt- at what will in a few years be Breland's mini-Bridge-Street.) If the price was right I think Madison would sell it. However, with the overcrowding of Madison schools (entire grade levels are in portables; they are hiring teachers like mad right now to catch up with unexpected #s students showing up-my son's grade was to be under 50 as of July and now it's over 80- entire grades in portables...) and the above mentioned publicity the district has already put forth about MC I'd say it's a go for MCS.

Now, who's going to go there? Originally I heard it was originally being built to relieve the overcrowding of the newer schools like Columbia. A teacher of a friend: recently some serious code violations were found at Madison Elementary (I'm not shocked), the oldest school in the District, so they're just going to just put everyone from ME at MCE. Almost like just making it the new Madison Elementary with a new name since it's cheaper than renovating the school. Then they'd make Madison El. a Teacher Resource Center or similar.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:49 PM

madisonmomma, where do your kids go to school?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:38 PM

39 posts, read 111,379 times
Madison Elementary
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
madisonmomma, where do your kids go to school?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:15 AM

871 posts, read 2,884,195 times
Mill Creek is definitely Madison City. It is at the corner of Mose Chapel and Mill Road. My guess is that it will pull from schools in the east plus Heritage and Columbia. Columbia is overcrowded and needs some relief. Heritage is going to continue to fill up with county line road students and limestone students. Looks like it will be a nice school when it is done. Hope the new Balch Road Extension is also done on-time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area