Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 03:14 PM

261 posts, read 738,530 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have knowledge about the Bell Tower development near Redstone? I've heard good things about Signature Homes' quality in B'ham, but don't know anyone with any first hand knowledge of their work in HSV.

For a young, single male who will likely be working in downtown HSV, would this location make sense? It seems kind of far out to me, but I'm not that familiar with rush hour traffic in HSV.

A relative lives in a new home off County Line Rd. that this person likes, but those houses may be out of his price range. IMHO, a condo or townhome may be a better choice, but one with a garage is preferred and that limits the choices.

Any feedback on Bell Tower or suggestions of other places to consider? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHaus View Post
Does anyone have knowledge about the Bell Tower development near Redstone?
Aren't they just east of HSV airport and not near the Redstone Arsenal?

Google Maps

Old 09-28-2008, 08:28 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,235 times
They are very close to the arsenal gate at Zierdt and Martin Road. I don't know much about them except that they are very convenient to the arsenal.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:51 PM

482 posts, read 990,446 times
I think they're very well located. VMH2507 is right. They are almost RIGHT AT the gate (Gate 6 I think..). They are well kept and actually very nice. The community clubhouse and pool are very nice as well. From what I've experienced, traffic isn't much of a concern on that area of Zeirdt Rd.

As for Signature Homes. I've been showing MANY of their homes at the Reserve (Just down the road), and I do have to say that they appear VERY well built, with lots of amenities. So far, I haven't heard any complaints about them.

You're right, options get very limited when you're looking for a townhouse with a garage in the Madison area. I think another one is Shamrock Townhomes off of Wall Triana.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 AM

261 posts, read 738,530 times
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know that Signature was building any place else in the HSV area, but I've seen some of their houses in B'ham. My impression was that the BellTower property was nicer than Shamrock, but perhaps the area around Shamrock influenced my perception.

How would you compare the options of buying a 3/2/2 townhome for approx. $160 - 170K vs. a 3/2/2 SFH by Adams for $175 - 185K? In my experience, it would be easier to sell the SFH, but maybe that's not true in HSV?

Old 09-29-2008, 03:24 PM

482 posts, read 990,446 times
Here's my general thoughts behind townhomes and SFHs:

At the moment, the $150K-$175K townhomes usually do well. If you get more expensive than that, they become much tougher to sell. Keeping in mind who the average buyer for this type of home is, it makes a lot of sense.

Generally speaking, in that price range, SFH are usually easier to sell. Of course, location has a lot to do with it as well. For my money, if we were having all things equal: Same location, same size, same amenities, I would spend a few extra thousand for the SFH, but I can't speak for everyone.

Hope that helps a little.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:31 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Thumbs up Bell Tower

Is near gate 7 of Redstone. There are very few ways to get to your place because Zierdt Rd feeds into Triana at one end and Madison Blvd at the other. I work at the Boeing Jet Plex and I live at Ashbury Woods, which is right next door to Bell Tower. The commute is easy but there is heavy traffic at 7-9am and again 3-5p. The only other way from the base is straight down James Record to Wall-Triana Hwy. If you are going to be working in downtown Huntsville, it might not be so bad. You'll be going in the opposite direction both ways with little to no traffic. Also, it is super easy to jump on 565 from where Zierdt ends at Madison. It's a great location. I think there are only two townhomes left though, I saw a sign out there the other day.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:48 PM

956 posts, read 2,499,901 times
Thumbs up Bell Tower

I sold my Mother one of the Townhomes at Bell Tower. 3/2 with a single car garage. It was a wonderful experience for her. They even called to have me do a "rough" walk-thru, after the studs were up, so I could see the quality. I was shocked.

I too, wouldn't go the higher end in a T.H...If you are considering over 170,000 I would go single family for resale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area