Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 AM

49 posts, read 115,062 times

Advertisements

Thanks DanInHSV for the information, I didn't know that they had hired off duty officers for now. +5 to the owners..

We did get a flyer pertaining to the break-ins...

Now...if only people would stop parking on the road in front of the mailboxes on the side entrance...One of these days, there's going to be a wreck...

It takes 5 additional seconds to pull into a parking spot...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 22,260 times
does that make you feel safer? not me? the fact that ashbury woods is now consider a high crime aresa and HPD includes it in their routine patrols only makes me feel worse.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:39 PM

5 posts, read 22,260 times
it is sad that a supposed class a property would have to hire off duty police officers. however i am sure they were not hired but just doing their normal job driving through high traffic crime areas. ashbury woods is not a nice or safe place to live and is not a class a property as they avertise. and there is just nothing nice to be said for the new manager or her new staff. sorry but do not rent here. I LEFT AS SOON AS MY LEASE WAS UP AND MOVED to weston ranch same prices and safe gated community but nicer ammenties and certainly more pet friendly and the office is great. [mod] recommendation [\mod] there are many more...apartments out there that are safe and nice!

Last edited by Keeper; 07-22-2010 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: recommendations not allowed unless you have at least 10 postsx

Old 07-20-2010, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,333 times
I have lived in Ashbury Woods for almost two years now and I have had to deal with the change in management as well but I haven't had any problems at all. Certainly, people are different, but I guess some adjust better than others. Any problem I have had was resolved fairly quickly. My aparment is huge for the amount I pay for it and a garage. It's never noisy (at least not more than one might expect when living in an apt). I have no real complaints. It really sounds like some of the people above just had a personal problem with the office staff for some reason....I haven't. Then again I pay my rent on time and I'm not noisy so who knows.

BTW...I really glad they handled thing as they did after the break-ins. Cops are always around now and the office gave me information on renter's insurance as well as alarm systems when I went to the office to find out what they were going to do about the situation.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,002 times
Default Enjoyed my stay

I highly recommend this complex to anybody!

Last edited by Keeper; 01-15-2011 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: Recommendations are not allowed until you have 10 posts

Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,570 times
Thumbs up Current Renter

My husband and I love our apartment. We have been able to save a lot of money on rent from our previous place. After reading the previous posts, it sounds like the people who had problems are maybe just not suited for apartment living. The appliances are pretty much what I would expect them to be for the price of rent I'm paying ($730/month for a 2 bedroom). They are clean and functional. There were more expensive properties that we looked at that had stainless steel appliances but we weren't willing to pay the extra money for them since the apartments were a comparable size overall. The lighting out in the parking lot is bright if you don't have curtains in your bedroom...so get some curtains. Problem solved. We sometimes hear our upstairs neighbor walking around but it's nothing unbearable. I'd say that's pretty normal for any apartment I've ever lived in. No ice maker? Please, that's not the end of the world. They provided us with ice trays and we make ice as needed. Not difficult. As for the staff, they have been nothing but friendly to me from the start. They are always helpful when I need to make a maintenance request and say hi if I'm just passing through. The maintenance team even set up the clubhouse for me when I reserved it for a party. I have and will continue to recommend Ashbury Woods to anyone looking for a place to rent.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:48 AM

329 posts, read 511,873 times
Huntsville is one of the only places I've lived where it actually seems cheaper to buy/rent a house than a descent apartment.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,337 times
Default Ashbury Woods Apt

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I was at Ashbury Woods Apt for over two years. The only reasoned I moved was to relocate to another state due to my job.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]For all that you got this was by far the best value in town. The living room was hugh and my apt came with a washer dryer. Also had a really nice size walk in closet in the master bedroom. The community was quiet and the neighbors were nice. I had a problem with my AC once and the maintence staff took care of the issue immediately.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]The staff was always courtesy and I had no problems[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I would definitely recommend Ashbury Apt complex.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]As my experience was most favorable.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Old 09-02-2012, 06:59 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,214 times
Wow there seem to be a LOT of 1 posters here. It's turning into the Kildare McCormick Thread...

Old 03-31-2013, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,165 times
I have been very impressed with Ashbury Woods Apartments. Each unit comes with a washer and a dryer, which are very helpful for people just starting out and eases the moving process. In the year and a half of living at Ashbury, I have only had two minor maintenance requests. The maintenance crew was very professional and quickly remedied the issues. The complex is very respectful of your privacy and gives plenty of time to inform residents of routine maintenance. Occasionally I hear neighbors talking and moving around, but have not any problems with them. The complex is very convenient to Redstone Arsenal, Bridgestreet, and Madison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area