Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 PM

42 posts, read 59,251 times

Advertisements

Any good local folks or business that anyone can recommend to mount my plasma to into my living room wall? Thought about doing it myself but don't want to mess it up. Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 04:01 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,218,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBflyer View Post
Any good local folks or business that anyone can recommend to mount my plasma to into my living room wall? Thought about doing it myself but don't want to mess it up. Thanks for any info.
It isn't really all that hard, just get a friend to help you. I've done two, one with help and one by myself. My wife is happy with both.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:06 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,281,110 times
You can always over pay the Geek Squad to do it.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:33 PM

458 posts, read 617,583 times
I would just get a handyman to do it if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
You can always over pay the Geek Squad to do it.
Wow, I didn't realize they were still in business. On the other hand, it's probably what is keeping Best Buy in business.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:18 AM

523 posts, read 1,004,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
It isn't really all that hard, just get a friend to help you. I've done two, one with help and one by myself. My wife is happy with both.
Ditto, I hung the 32" in the kitchen all by myself. Once you get the studs located (very important to mount main bracket thru studs) just hold the main bracket to the wall with a level sitting on it, mark your holes and pre-drill.

How big is your TV? Do you want a stationary mount? tilt mount? or fully articulating mount?

I used this mount for my 32". Probably way overkill for a 32" but I wanted fully articulating and I can put a larger TV on it later if I want.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:32 AM

42 posts, read 59,251 times
I may just end up mounting myself. Problem is it is a 60 inch plasma that is around 80lbs. I would want it to tilt. Looks like many kinds of mount brands?

Old 11-21-2013, 07:40 AM

523 posts, read 1,004,459 times
Even if you get the bracket mounted yourself, for that size TV you will need to get someone to help you attach the TV to the mount. I just took a look at the selection of mounts at Best Buy and they seem to be way over priced. I would get one from Amazon.com, they have the best selection, you won't pay shipping if it's over $35 and you won't pay any taxes.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:47 AM

1,420 posts, read 3,185,697 times
Wall Mount Brackets - Monoprice.com

Do it yourself. This is the BEST place to buy mounts too.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:47 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,269,312 times
We have four mounted TVs and my husband did them all himself, including a 55". The mounts are fairly easy to install if you have basic skills with a drill, and those TVs are light so they go on pretty easy. The hardest one for us was the one above our fireplace....we have a high mantle and it was awkward both of us on ladders lifting it up, but we got it on there in just a couple of minutes Our 42 and 32 inch LCDs I could actually put on the mount myself they are so light.

Definitely need to remember IF you do mount them to go into the studs. My husband used these huge lag bolts (I guess that is what they are called?). Our mount also allows you to slide the TV from side to side to make sure it is perfectly centered even if the mount is slightly off (which ours is due to stud locations).

Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 AM

394 posts, read 628,784 times
I was thinking like you last year but I finally got the nerve to do it my self. I read and read and read, measured and measured and measured and finally got to work. It turned out to be pretty easy. Since then I did another one in the bonus room. One word of advice. Measure from the ceiling down and not the floor up. My bonus room is apparently not level and when I measured from the floor up it appeared to be crooked (and was) to the ceiling. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area