Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 07:16 PM

433 posts, read 1,770,031 times

Advertisements

Business Week says Huntsville is the best place in Alabama to raise kids in 2009. Not surprised!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
Business Week says Huntsville is the best place in Alabama to raise kids in 2009. Not surprised!
In Alabama.

I'd go a little farther, and say one of the better places in the US. If dad or mom has a job and can afford a nice home in a nice neighborhood and there's not too much traffic, and the kids are peered with kids of proactive parents many of whom have above average education levels, then you have about 95% or what parents need.

Also, I've noticed a lot of stay at home moms here - sort of a characteristic of the low housing costs/income ratio.

Sports programs, diverse themed summer camps, OK weather most of the year. Don't sense too much pollution. Don't sense too much crime. We're happy.

Here's the link

The Best Places to Raise Your Kids 2009: Best Place to Raise Your Kids: Alabama* - BusinessWeek

Old 11-10-2008, 07:55 PM

66 posts, read 216,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
I don't know if I'd want to cite the same publication that mixed Huntsville, AL up with Huntsville, TX for a "best places to do business" article a couple of months ago... Doesn't sound like the most intelligent magazine. But Huntsville's a great place to raise kids regardless. People don't need rankings to know that. What we need to improve on is keeping/bringing back those kids after college.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 AM

433 posts, read 1,770,031 times
I scrolled down to Georgia to see if they put Savannah on that list and they didn't. That right there made me think it was reputable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area