Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 02:03 PM

956 posts, read 2,494,219 times

Advertisements

My experience with Brueggers is that they look at you like you have a third eye no matter what you order, lol. I did love their cinnamon bagel. I've only been to the Madison store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 05:33 PM

296 posts, read 691,765 times
Went to Brueggers today; was very pleased. I hadn't seen a salt bagel, my favorite, in years. I was glad they also had lox spread. Next time, sounds like I need to also try Brewbakers.

Thanks for all the input!

Marc

Old 11-22-2008, 05:35 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,085,992 times
I need a bagel now.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:45 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,569,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
I need a bagel now.
How many carbs in a bagel? Tonight was a bad night. I did worse than that; Did not pass "GO", did not collect $200, went directly to "jail".

Baskin Robbins. A whole pint.

Would have gone to Brusters but there's no where to eat ice cream inside and who wants to eat ice cream when it's 45F outside? How do they stay in business in winter? Drive through alone?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:30 PM

117 posts, read 445,593 times
Wow, You all make me home sick for the best bagels...... Northern New Jersey, Bergen County! Are the bagels here made in water?

Old 11-23-2008, 07:15 PM

369 posts, read 1,142,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vakinderegg View Post
Wow, You all make me home sick for the best bagels...... Northern New Jersey, Bergen County! Are the bagels here made in water?
Bruegger's is from Troy, NY and they serve New York-style water bagels.
"Bruegger’s Bagels are genuine, New York-style, water bagels. No fakes. No phonies. We make the real McCoy. We start with the purest, highest quality ingredients: high-gluten wheat flour, fresh (never powdered) yeast, pure barley malt, water & salt.
Some other bagels have preservatives or oils added. Not Bruegger’s Bagels. Some other bagel joints steam their bagels. Some freeze theirs for ease in transportation. Not Bruegger’s. We make only authentic, old-fashioned, kettle boiled bagels in each one of our bagel bakeries every day in small batches all day long.

Baked all day, Bruegger’s Bagels are formed from fresh dough (never frozen) and kettle boiled — put in boiling water — before they’re baked. And we bake ‘em on a stone-hearth not on a rack so they bake evenly. That gives them that authentic crusty (almost crunchy) crust on the outside and a dense, chewy texture on the inside that is so satisfying to sink your teeth into. "

About Bruegger's Bagels (http://www.brueggers.com/images/link/bagels.html - broken link)

They are quite good for a chain restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area