Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 06:10 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times

Advertisements

If I bought a (more expensive) seat close to the floor, would I have to be concerned that people who bought the cheap seats up in the rafters would just walk down and find an empty seat near me? That is, anyone know how easy it is for people to "move down" at the Von Braun Center?

Thinking of taking the kids to see the Harlem Globetrotters there March 17th. Anyone see the Globetrotters there before? Was it a sellout (thus relieving me of the concern above)?

So, basically, are the ushers performing rigid seat/row/aisle/section checks or is it "loose"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 11:43 AM

1,618 posts, read 4,787,891 times
When we went to Disney On Ice, the ushers were checking tickets. Whether they would truly closely "police" people trying to be dishonest? I'm not sure.

The Von Braun center is fairly small though - I don't think there's a bad seat in the house.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:44 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,186,004 times
I saw the Globetrotters many MANY years ago. It was fun and the kids had a ball.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:37 AM

25 posts, read 72,313 times
The only way I'd ever go to another event at the Von Braun was if the seats were close to the floor. Made a horrible mistake our first time there and had the nosebleed seats. By the time we got my 80 year old Grandmother up those narrow steps with no railing, I thought she was going to have a heart attack!!

My son and husband saw the Globetrotters some years ago and they both really enjoyed it!

I'm sure the Ushers do a good job of keeping people where they need to be. At least for the first half of the event. :-)

Have fun!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjenn View Post
The Von Braun center is fairly small though - I don't think there's a bad seat in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMom View Post
The only way I'd ever go to another event at the Von Braun was if the seats were close to the floor. Made a horrible mistake our first time there and had the nosebleed seats. By the time we got my 80 year old Grandmother up those narrow steps with no railing, I thought she was going to have a heart attack!!
Is this because it was difficult for the old woman to climb the stairs or because the view of the globetrotters wasn't good? Had you not been with her, would you and the kids been happy up there as far as the seats?

Old 12-15-2008, 11:44 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,811 times
It's a very small arena...we were toward the back but not nose-bleed. Did not witness seat swapping but did experience chair kicking and head hitting. That's another story for another time...

Old 12-28-2008, 08:26 AM

25 posts, read 72,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Is this because it was difficult for the old woman to climb the stairs or because the view of the globetrotters wasn't good? Had you not been with her, would you and the kids been happy up there as far as the seats?
No, I wouldn't sit in the nosebleed section again, with or without the "old woman". I've been in several arenas where the nosebleed section wasn't too bad, but I didn't enjoy it at the Von Braun. But, that's just me. You taking your child, might be just fine. Need to probably check it out for yourself and make your decision from there. Either way, I'm sure you will have fun! :-)

Old 12-28-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMom View Post
Need to probably check it out for yourself and make your decision from there.
Actually, I never thought of that, as simple as it sounds. Just head over there and ask if I can go see inside. (I've never been there.) Guess I'm used to not living in a small town where things like that are easy to do. I'd never be able to easily do that at the Forum or the Stapes Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area