Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:19 AM

871 posts, read 2,884,848 times

Advertisements

Check out a new contemporary congregation: CrossWinds Church. Web site is: CrossWinds Church | a new United Methodist Congregation Michael and Suzanne are awesome pastors and speakers with a great praise band. They currently meet at the corner of Old RR Bed and Capshaw and will be building in a year or so on 20 acres off of Wall Triana north of Nick Davis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 PM

3 posts, read 13,170 times
Sojourn is a new church plant in downtown Huntsville. I go there now after having been to a few different churches in Huntsville. We used to meet in the Olde Towne Brewery and are now temporarily meeting in an old church building just north of downtown off of Oakwood. The best way to describe the church is to describe the people. Maybe you can get a feel for the church by visiting Sojourn websites:

blogs: Blogs | Sojourn Church
podcasts: url=http://sojournhuntsville.org/podcasts
Facebook: Sojourn Church of metro Huntsville | Facebook
twitter: Twitter / sojournchurch
video cast: Sojourn Huntsville Vodcast on blip.tv

Sojourn is a member of the Acts 29 network: Acts 29

A lot of the people that go to Sojourn are fans of Mark Driscoll, John Piper, and Ed Stetzer. Most people are under the age of 40/50. Average attendance right now is between 60-100 people. There's a nursery and a kids ministry on Sunday mornings. Small groups meet throughout the week and there are a few other groups that meet, like Theology Pub and the Dreamland lunch group. Music is contemporary. The sermons often involve videos, some artistic and emotional. We regularly take communion and occasionally recite the Nicene Creed in unison.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,965 times
NEW LIFE OUTREACH INTERNATIONAL is an awesome church with about 150 members who love the Lord. It is a non-denominational church with members from many cultures such as white, black, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Korean, etc. It looks like heaven. The Word is PREACHED every Sunday at 11 AM and an awesome Bible Study on Wed evenings at 7 PM. Children's Church & nursery provided for both services! They LOVE to fellowship and congregants become like family! Probably 90% of congregation from another state...we're from VA.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,924 times
There is a new church in Southeast Huntsville called The Bridge. They are currently meeting in small groups but will begin worship September 7 at 10:30 am. They will be meeting at Farley Elementary School.

Last edited by John Melvin; 06-19-2008 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 06-19-2008, 03:10 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Melvin View Post
There is a new church in Southeast Huntsville called The Bridge. They are currently meeting in small groups but will begin worship September 7 at 10:30 am. They will be meeting at Farley Elementary School.
Do they pay rent to use the elementary school?

Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 PM

7 posts, read 22,070 times
My wife and I visited Huntsville this past weekend (Aug 13-15 2010) to see if it is a place we could relocate next spring. Anyway, we went to The Rock as we love the contemporary non-demoninational type churches. It was great and was just what we were looking for. I'm glad that Huntsville has this type of church. Good music, great message from Pastor Dave and felt really intimate and welcoming inside. They do base their sermons on various "series" and discuss how modern day life relates back to the bible. It's bascially like a bible study with a great vibe and good band. We enjoyed it and really needed to find a good church to make the decision to relocate here. I think we found a good home in The Rock Family Worship Center when we move to Huntsville.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:46 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
I don't live in Huntsville but most of my family does. Those that like to attend contemporary, non-denominational like The Rock.
The Rock Family Worship Center

I used to attend Calvary Assembly church and it is a wonderful place. It is actually an Assembly of God church but really seems rather non-denominational in it's setting.
I live too far out to have continued there. Also, if you're not terribly far from Decatur, I have not been but have heard wonderful things about Decatur Christian Fellowship.

In reference to another post. You can get lost in almost any larger church or, you can get involved. Some of these churches have great Sunday School classes and some great ministries. If you like to get involved, you won't get lost in the crowd.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 6,540 times
Default Vineyard in Huntsville

In the first post someone asks about the Vineyard Church here in Huntsville. We are located at 713 Arcadia Circle, near Costco. We're a member of the Association of Vineyard Churches. There have been other small groups or churches that have called themselves "Vineyard" but we're the only group in Huntsville or Madison that are actually a part of the AVC started by John Wimber.
There are several good churches here in the Huntsville/Madison area. Our prayer is that everyone finds the church home where God has called you to serve.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,420 times
Default All Nations Christian Center

If you are looking for a diverse church with anointed worship, dynamic, Biblical preaching, and a warm and loving congregation, please be my guest at All Nations Christian Center this Sunday at 10:30!!! We have children's church, high school/teen ministry and an exciting college ministry. Website: All Nations Christian Center. Address: 2721 Winchester Road.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 AM

165 posts, read 211,869 times
And, if you're looking for real diversity of thought underscored by reason rather than myth, try tuning in to "Radio for the rest of us! Slightly irreverent views, news, music and interviews!", every Saturday from 11 - 12/.

Last Saturday there was an interesting discussion of a new approach to education at Pitzer College/.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area