Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:01 AM

268 posts, read 631,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewdog1 View Post
That would be a terrible place to put one.

Why doesn't Wal-mart just demolish the one on Drake and start over?
Walmart doesn't own their stores - they lease. That's why Averbuch is the one petitioning the city council - he wants to build and lease to Walmart.

There's also probably not enough space for a Supercenter at the Drake location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 02:02 PM

2,438 posts, read 3,180,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
By the way, I heard a rumor that Guitar Center is opening a store in Huntsville this summer. As a musician, I'm quite excited. I like our local Fret Shop a lot, but it's really hard to beat GC prices and selection. Anyone have any more info? I'm wondering where it will be located.
There was an article in the Times the other day about it. I believe it said that it was going in the old Linens and Things spot.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:17 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,039,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobWallace View Post
Walmart doesn't own their stores - they lease. That's why Averbuch is the one petitioning the city council - he wants to build and lease to Walmart.

There's also probably not enough space for a Supercenter at the Drake location.
Yeah, I know. What you will see happen is no matter what, the store will be built and the old one will sit there empty for 5-10 years before anything is ever done with it.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 AM

111 posts, read 223,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
There was an article in the Times the other day about it. I believe it said that it was going in the old Linens and Things spot.
Yes, it is going in beside JoAnns (same building) and from what I've read should open in July.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 AM

35 posts, read 87,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
My sentiments exactly.....Oh boy, yet another Santa Fe type mediocre restaurant. How many cheap steak and hamburger places does the world need? lol
Moderator cut: snip Texas Roadhouse is the bomb! It makes Logans look like a rat hole - they will put them out of business. I could eat TR's rolls and cinnamon butter all day long!

It may not be the Chop House, but for the price its the best you can get.

Now we just need to change the brewpub restrictions to get a BJ's here. I love their Jeremiah red!

Last edited by Keeper; 06-02-2011 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM

394 posts, read 624,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCityMama View Post
Yes, it is going in beside JoAnns (same building) and from what I've read should open in July.
It looks like it will be opening in July:

Guitar Center Grand Opening! Job in Huntsville, Alabama US (http://jobview.monster.com/guitar-center-grand-opening!-job-huntsville-al-us-99514022.aspx - broken link)

Guitar Center Grand Opening!

Guitar Center is now accepting applications in all departments for our newest Guitar Center opening in Huntsville, AL. in July 2011.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:44 PM

3,455 posts, read 4,785,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
My sentiments exactly.....Oh boy, yet another Santa Fe type mediocre restaurant. How many cheap steak and hamburger places does the world need? lol
Moderator cut: snip Texas Roadhouse is the bomb! It makes Logans look like a rat hole - they will put them out of business. I could eat TR's rolls and cinnamon butter all day long!

It may not be the Chop House, but for the price its the best you can get.

Now we just need to change the brewpub restrictions to get a BJ's here. I love their Jeremiah red!

Last edited by Keeper; 06-02-2011 at 05:52 PM..

Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,246,478 times
Does anyone know what is going in the new building on Winchester Road beside the bank. Looks like yet another auto parts store.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:57 PM

93 posts, read 200,205 times
Downtown seems like alot of things are about to start moving.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:57 PM

118 posts, read 428,390 times
What is going up in Bridge Street behind SAIC's parking lot? It's just a dirt lot with metal frames and block right now. Mexicans were out there last week weed-eating the dirt... And no, I don't believe it's Toy's R Us because that already has walls up.

A coworker told me that Macy's is being built? Is that true?

Last edited by stewartbra; 06-15-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area