Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,765,578 times

Advertisements

Anybody who has any information on any developments that are going on in the Huntsville area please leave information in this blog!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 03:15 PM

871 posts, read 2,884,043 times
See this site:
Huntsville Development News

Old 03-05-2009, 06:59 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
WAFF.com: Some Madison Residents fighting proposed development

Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 PM

956 posts, read 2,499,761 times
Charles, I agree that I would hate to lose the green space in Madison, but I imagine those lots would offer some killer views It's so hard to find great newer homes with character in Madison, that offer views. These lots sound as if they would certainly foot that bill. I've been searching myself, for a basement home with a view of the city. Very difficult to find. Found one two weeks ago and drug my feet. I had to go see the home 4 or 5 times before I was convinced it was a deal. Imagine a Realtor doing that, lol. Crazy thing had been on the market for 9 months. I just knew it would be around a bit longer and I could REALLY steal it ...Finally convinced my husband and daughter to go look, they loved it and it sold the next day, LOL. Ya snooze, ya loose! I was SO bummed out. Husband had a good chuckle. "Practice what you preach" to not get emotionally attached to a home until it is on paper. I knew it was priced to sell, but truly thought it would keep waiting for me. Back to the drawing board!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,230 times
there's still the $12M one atop Monte Sano available with a fab $2.5M reduction in price...

Old 03-05-2009, 08:25 PM

Friday13, ROTFL. I'll have to check with my husband on that one. Can you imagine? I've heard that home is amazing! You're still in the market aren't you? Perhaps 20 of us could combine incomes and form a commune

Old 03-05-2009, 08:54 PM

13 posts, read 46,515 times
Elizabeth,that is one reason we didn't buy in Madison, even though we had lived there a few years before. My old house wasn't available!!! We couldn't find a new/newer house that had character and a yard that was livable. and reasonable in price. We though Madison was overpriced and you paid to look at a Hardees or Publix (ie County Line Road area)or there were apartments being built right on top of the houses.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM

Mkovacs: I love living in Madison and can't imagine living elsewhere, but it is hard to find "character" and a yard, as you said. If I weren't so hung up on a basement, newer, etc., that would certainly widen our options. We live in Walden, which is nice. Love the winding streets in the entry, the community lake, etc. Great neighborhood, truly. Still, I prefer a basement. I'll be kicking myself for a few months over not jumping on the other home. I sometimes wonder why buyers can't "see" the value in a certain home, when it is clearly priced below market value....LOL...turned into a buyer myself. Imagine that!

Old 03-06-2009, 07:05 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,765,578 times
Default New Subdivisions

Olde Cobblestone-East Limestone
Olde Cobblestone - Covington & Co. Realtors (http://www.covingtonhomes.net/olde%20cobblestone.htm - broken link)
200-300 units

Stratford Sqaure-Madison
Heritage Homes, LLC - North Alabama Quality Custom Homes
24 units

Lake Forest-Huntsville
11 Planned Neighborhoods within the Lake Forest Community including, Magnolia Village, Cypress Gardens, Maple Grove, Oakwood, Holly Park, Nandina Estates, Forest Meadow, The Boulevard, Hawthorn Heights, Elm Ridge, Walnut Cove, Laurelbrook (http://lakeforestofhuntsville.com/pages.php?page=07/02/16/3324436 - broken link)
1,100 units

Bell Tower-Huntsville
Signature Homes - Bell Tower (http://www.e-signaturehomes.com/belltower/siteplan.asp - broken link)
70 units

Ashton Springs-Huntsville
Master Plan | Ashton Springs| A Parkside Homes Community | Huntsville, Al (http://www.goashtonsprings.com/master-plan.html - broken link)
500-800 units

Anslee Farms-Huntsville
Anslee Farms
500 units

Old 03-06-2009, 07:56 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_G View Post
Friday13, ROTFL. I'll have to check with my husband on that one. Can you imagine? I've heard that home is amazing! You're still in the market aren't you? Perhaps 20 of us could combine incomes and form a commune

My family probably fits just about right in the Keeping room, and use the Powder room... That's maybe just about all we have the moula for...so there went my first 2 cents of this glorious enterprise/investment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area