Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 PM

79 posts, read 186,207 times

Advertisements

Yup and that happens in any development out here. I am like you, I simply tell folks, county life is different but if you want that country feel with modern style then it may be ok but get that inspection. We did and it paid off. Elizabeth, thanks for being so honest. Question for you: Is it true that Southern Breeze has a bad reputation as a result of the developer and some builders? It seems some agents will not even take home and try to sell it not just here but other developments done by the same Developer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 10:44 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
I didn't know East Limestone was so suburban. I can see continuous development between Madison and Athens.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:22 AM

956 posts, read 2,500,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOTOCEO View Post
Yup and that happens in any development out here. I am like you, I simply tell folks, county life is different but if you want that country feel with modern style then it may be ok but get that inspection. We did and it paid off. Elizabeth, thanks for being so honest. Question for you: Is it true that Southern Breeze has a bad reputation as a result of the developer and some builders? It seems some agents will not even take home and try to sell it not just here but other developments done by the same Developer.
From what I understand there is a builder that is the pits...along with the developer.

Reputable agents don't want to represent or be thrown in the middle of any developments or builders that don't follow through and who aren't good for their word...at least I sure don't. If I have to fight for what is right, I'm "outta" there!

Old 07-20-2010, 03:18 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOTOCEO View Post

I will not show homes in Southern Breeze, period.

There is an agent that I know that has photos of those houses being bricked with NO BRICK TIES, no moisture wrap/barrier between the framework and the brick.

Yes, it has a very bad rep with many agents in the HSV/Madison area. It is amazing how many Athens agents actually believe that "Limestone County has no building code". The IBC has been adopted at the state level, so that is the minimum building code required in the state. Each county/city can at their discretion go further and adopt additional building codes as well.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 AM

166 posts, read 344,769 times
I love our home in East Limestone, mailing address is Athens. We live in a beautiful home on 2.5 acres. Taking a drive in the back roads I see tons of beautiful homes on land and then the type of homes you picture to be what you would imagine to be the old country south, sofa on the porch, hound dog tied to the tree, that type of thing. You get a taste of the real south here. It's amazing that you will find a somewhat of a mansion built next to a dilapidated house or trailer. But that is what I like about this area. People are friendly and don't care if you are rich or poor, at least not the ones I have met, maybe I am living in bubble. It is quiet and peaceful. Of course it took me some time to adjust after living in a neighborhood in town all my life, but I have found more positives. I truly enjoy my privacy, none of which you get in a neighborhood. If our kids want to play with someone, their parents drive them over and we drive ours over to their place. We had to do that a lot living in our last neighborhood as a lot of friends our kids made at school lived a few miles away. We are in between Athens and Madison. Only takes us 10 to fifteen minutes to get to Huntsville, Madison, Athens. I don't mind driving into Jones Valley to shop, my vet is in Decatur, we are close to 65 so it's a nice drive straight through. It's nothing compared to when I lived in Phoenix and it would take me over an hour to get to work because of the traffic, when it would have just been a 30 minute drive. I do laugh to myself when I ask a native where they get their hair done, or where a good place to eat is and they'll tell me well, if you're in for a drive, it's in Huntsville near the Parkway Mall. Here I was thinking they might be talking about Guntersville or Birmingham, now that's a drive! I don't mind doing that either. Speaking of Guntersville, what a great find! Love the State Park....it is a must on things to do in Alabama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area