Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,866,945 times

Advertisements

You know what they say about houses right?

As soon as you move in you have tons of things to buy. Lawn mower, garden tools... diapers...

Kids are always quick to follow any home purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 AM

103 posts, read 278,174 times
Oooooh, well the house is a big step in that direction I guess! And it wouldn't be the end of the world if that happened. But we're not quite ready to give up sleeping in on the weekends!

We do plan to get a puppy ASAP though

Old 05-12-2009, 03:27 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,958,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
You know what they say about houses right?

As soon as you move in you have tons of things to buy. Lawn mower, garden tools... diapers...
Money saving tips on diapers....

Dump the content in your garden, wash & reuse

Old 05-12-2009, 03:38 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Money saving tips on diapers....

Dump the content in your garden, wash & reuse

HB, a tip from us ladies:

Take the baby out of the diaper before dumping anything...

I guess another one is: Don't drink beer and change diapers

Old 05-13-2009, 09:15 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,866,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirat_cat View Post
Oooooh, well the house is a big step in that direction I guess! And it wouldn't be the end of the world if that happened. But we're not quite ready to give up sleeping in on the weekends!

We do plan to get a puppy ASAP though
lol, that's what I did to "ward off" the baby ideas my wife kept bringing up. I discovered that there is a diminishing return on puppies.

1) They don't stay cute little puppies
2) The first one buys you about a year or so
3) The second one only buys you a couple more months before the baby hints return

ha ha

Old 05-13-2009, 09:56 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,424,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlsAdvc8 View Post
2) The first one buys you about a year or so
3) The second one only buys you a couple more months before the baby hints return

Tick-tock, tick-tock, goes the clock... No puppy barks louder than the(baby) clock.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:26 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,958,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
HB, a tip from us ladies:

Take the baby out of the diaper before dumping anything...
Thanks friday, that's a good advice.

So that's why da wife is still angry with me....

Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 PM

103 posts, read 278,174 times
Well, I'm only 24, so nothing is ticking, yet! I'm sure our parents will start pushing for it soon though; none of them have any grandchildren yet....and certain grandparents are eager for great-grandbabies.

Basically whenever I'm ready, we start the next generation. :P

Old 11-24-2009, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 6,174 times
Default Questions about area and subdivisions

Hi, we are possibly relocating our family to the Huntsville area from the St. Louis area. After internet researches we think we want to be in the Hampton Cove Elem and middle school. We have 3 children ages 3-8. We found a home in Magnolia Park built by HPH homes that we like. Do you know anything about this builder? Who are the most trusted builders in the area? Are you happy with your JBH home? Are you happy with the school? Are max price range is $350,000. We would like that is minimum 3000 square feet. Thank you for sharing your pro/con list.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:31 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx3mommy View Post
Hi, we are possibly relocating our family to the Huntsville area
we think we want to be in the Hampton Cove Elem and middle school.
We have 3 children ages 3-8.
Are you happy with the school?
The schools are excellent.

There's good news too. A new elementary school is under construction now sort of at the south end of Taylor Road (maybe a mile or two south of Taylor and Sutton). It will relieve the overcrowding at Hampton Cove Elementary School. It will also have a multipurpose building with indoor basketball courts that will be a shared asset with the Huntsville Eastern League (which currently uses the facilities at HCES and HCMS).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area