Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 PM

2 posts, read 39,712 times

Advertisements

I got pulled over for speeding, my fault I was not paying attention, I got tickets in Madison county. Anyway I could not find my registration or insurance papers, when I got home and found them I realized my insurance had canceled.

My question is how much am I going to have to pay for the no insurance ticket?

Also am I going to have to pay it all at the time I go to court or will they give me a due date?

Do I have to go to in front of a judge for the no insurance ticket or can I call and ask them how much and pay it that way?

We are on a very tight budget, so I need to know how much I need to save for this. I already have the speeding ticket covered, just worried about the insurance ticket.

Thank you for any help you can give me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 05:28 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Call the court and ask them !

Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 PM

355 posts, read 963,598 times
Last time i got pulled over I didn't have my insurance card, but I did have insurance. I had to go to court to show my card nonetheless.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:19 AM

3 posts, read 31,084 times
Default Alabama Law w/o insurance

In Alabama, driving without the mandatory liability insurance needed for a vehicle is termed a MLI violation. When you are given a citation in AL for a MLI violation and the conviction is final, the court will notify the department of revenue. This state agency will then suspend your license plate registration.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:53 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times
They should also take your car to the crusher. I'm glad you got caught before you hurt yourself or someone else and poured salt in the wound by not being insured.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:24 AM

17 posts, read 50,261 times
Go and get insurance immediately!

Old 05-20-2009, 02:14 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
You would be much better off getting insurance & holding off on the speeding ticket. If you show up to court without the insurance coverage they will take your license. If you show up without the payment you can get an additonal fee but you'll still be driving.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 39,712 times
As soon as I realized I didn't have insurance I got it. My gosh you are all acting like I did this on purpose. I did not realize I didn't have insurance, my husband takes care of it and I guess he forgot to send in the payment.

As soon as I realized we did not have it I got it again, I will be able to pay the speeding ticket when I get paid. I was wondering how much (general idea) how much the no insurance ticket will be?

It is also nice to know that no one else around here has ever made a mistake before....

Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,536 times
I don't see the "no insurance" citation listed here, so it may not be a "minor" offense.
Traffic

Be aware the webpage above only applies to violations occured in Madison County.
For Huntsville City, the fine is paid at Municipal Court (the blue-roofed building off North Mem. Pkwy-WheelerAve.-not the jail).
Municipal Court
City of Huntsville, Alabama *** Huntsville *** Alabama ***
http://www.hsvcity.com/MunicipalCourt/CourtCosts2.pdf

You need to calll the number on the ticket and ask, as the boundaries(jurisdiction) County-City are blurry, especially if you were stopped near such area (streets like Slaughter-shared by Hsv/Mad, US 72 shared by County-Madison-Hsv)

you may need to show up in front of a judge for a scolding for that "no insurance" thing, otherwise you could go to the Driving school for the speeding ticket without seeing a judge (of course after paying the fee) and not having points taken (especially if it's your "first")

Last edited by friday13; 05-20-2009 at 03:44 PM..

Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,150 times
In some states you just go to the customer window of the courthouse and show proof of insurance.

You got the ticket for not having the card on you, right? Check to see what the ticket actually says
Most states have ticket lawyers. I would call one and ask for free advice about the speeding ticket too.

You don't want to get points added to your insurance if at all possible. Best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area