Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 10:49 AM

32 posts, read 122,723 times

Advertisements

Hello

We are relocating to Madison AL, and we would like to know if anybody has some info about the apartments Waverly Place? I could not find any ratings online.

Thanks alot

Pat33
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 AM

143 posts, read 358,548 times
I would avoid it. I was a CID drug supression team agent with the Army and we used to work with MPD and we tracked alot of drug activity in and out of there. It's been a few years or so since then so they may have cleaned the place up though. I know my parents still refer to it as the projects of Madison.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:34 PM

32 posts, read 122,723 times
Hi

Did you mean the area or apartments? I am speechless because the pictures of the apartments are so nice. I will still try to get more information before we move.
Thanks

Pat33

Old 05-31-2009, 01:38 PM

433 posts, read 1,769,248 times
I'm not sure if they still are but I know they did take HUD money and that drove the place down. They HUD money really affected the schools. Lower test scores and higher free/reduced lunch. I want to say they stopped but am not sure. We thought about renting there but when my husband drove through a few times he didn't like what he saw people wise.

We lived temporarily at Grand Reserve at Madison and liked it. Charleston Place is next to it and looks very nice. They are both very well kept.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:44 PM

143 posts, read 358,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat33 View Post
Hi

Did you mean the area or apartments? I am speechless because the pictures of the apartments are so nice. I will still try to get more information before we move.
Thanks

Pat33
Yeah it was the apartment complex. The area around it was't bad if I remember correctly. It was called the Arbors of Madison at the time but it was the same place.

The pics on the net can be decieving. I am moving back to Huntsville in a couple weeks and looked at the same place on the web and thought it looked nice until I mapped it and realized it was the same place just with a different name.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:59 PM

81 posts, read 279,221 times
I looked up this place on the internet and I travel Old Madison often and can't remember seeing this place, but I have only lived here 10 days. We are staying at Ashbury Woods Apartment on Zierdt Rd just across the Madison Line in Huntsville near the Arsenal Gate 7. If I am near there tomorrow I will keep my eye out. I always flat out ask apartment if they are section 8 apartment or low income and they will tell you the truth if so.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:21 AM

105 posts, read 289,696 times
I live at Waverly Place and I have NO complaints. Rent's cheap, the apartment was completely remodeled (new carpets, new kitchen, new bathrooms, etc) and management is very prompt at resolving issues. So, yeah, those pics are actual pics of the place.
I don't know if you are super picky, or you like super ritzy places; so if you're looking for nouveau rich neighborhoods and the McMansions...you will not like it here. If you're into value for your money: then this is the place for you. I feel safe here. Heck, after living in NYC, San Juan and DC this is paradise. Projects? Scary, unsafe projects I've seen plenty (with FBI and ATF agents included) and whomever thinks this is a project must be living a millionaire life or something along those lines.

PD. BTW, the place is now owned by some private people living in NYC (hence the name).

Old 06-01-2009, 11:22 AM

433 posts, read 1,769,248 times
The area around it is nice. It is right next to a dentist office and an eye doctor. There are really nice neighborhoods near there too. Windstone is a great neighborhood with new homes ranging from the 300s-500s. They are currently building a beautiful apartment complex next to Windstone. Waverly place is also just a hop, skip and jump from Horizon Elementary. The apartment complex looks really nice from the road. I think it is the makeup of the residents that is the problem.

Are you looking to live there for a specific reason-location/price?

There is another complex that was just finished a year ago that isn't too far from Waverly place that is really nice. The new apartments going up next to Windstone look amazing. I think they are called "Arch Street". They are on Old Madison Pike. There is also another complex down the road in Huntsville called the Vintage. That looks really nice.

Madison Apartments for Rent - AL - ApartmentGuide.com

Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 AM

105 posts, read 289,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
... I think it is the makeup of the residents that is the problem.

I am an engineer, my husband is a graphic designer.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 7,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
The apartment complex looks really nice from the road. I think it is the makeup of the residents that is the problem.
Hello, I'm LivingInMadison's husband, and I never cared much about posting in this forum until I read the line I'm quoting here.

If I may be so bold as to ask: What exactly is your criteria for determining the makeup of any group of people? Because, if I'm understanding this correctly, your only interaction with the people that live in Waverly Place at Madison is a verbal account of your husband's experience after he "drove through a few times", in which I'm sure he colorfully explained how "he didn't like what he saw people wise" from the isolated comfort that is the driver's seat of his car.

Moderator cut: comment

Last edited by Keeper; 06-01-2009 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: calm down.. post about the topic not about other members
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area